Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Finding previous RDSS Databases

A query:

Quote:
... while I used RDSS2 I did not move my data base to RDSS2 but continued to use RDSS database. I had some difficulty with trying to transfer the data from RDSS to RDSS2 and you had said that when I was ready to do so I should let you know and that you would work with me through the procedures. It seems that with RDSS2.1 I am not able to access my old database in RDSS. I would immensely appreciate some help in getting access to my old database with the new RDSS2.1.
It sounds like you are asking: how do I change the database used in RDSS 2.1. The answer is (and unrelated to this new RDSS V2.1) - use the Data Mgmt Tool found via that button on the RDSS Desktop to 'Switch' to a different database file. Simply navigate your file system using this tool to find whatever database file you want to use [files have a .DB extension], whether it is one from the previous RDSS2 [typically found on c:\rdss2\data\ folder] or the very first RDSS1 version [e.g. c:\rdss\data\]. Or ANYWHERE else on your computer including the many Example Databases available to download, including the new Breeders' Cup historical database.

Switching databases is unchanged since several years [though I admit it could use a User Interface tune-up]. Here is the FAQ and video tutorial on Switching databases using the Data Mgmt Tool: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...93&postcount=5

Is it possible - instead - that you are asking: when I install RDSS V2.1, why does it NOT automatically default to using the same database as my previous version of RDSS2?

If so, well - I thought it did ! If this is what you are reporting, please confirm here in this thread and I will enter it in the Bugs List and check it out further by installing RDSS 2.1 on a 'clean' machine with only the previous RDSS2 installed, to see if it opens up sharing the existing database by default.

Thanks - and thanks in advance for replying online !

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-26-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote