Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
ClarkWilson
AlwNW1X

Question Synthesis II Ignores Scratch Command

Hello all,

While reviewing a race in Synthesis II, I was on the Add/Edit Paceline screen when I tried to go to the Scratch Paceline Screen and scratch the last paceline of an 11 entry race. Instead of that paceline disappearing, the screen simply returned to the Add/Edit Paceline screen.

On the off chance someone encountered this behavior before, I'm interested in whether anyone resolved the issue or worked around it.

Regards,

Clark
ClarkWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWilson View Post
Hello all,

While reviewing a race in Synthesis II, I was on the Add/Edit Paceline screen when I tried to go to the Scratch Paceline Screen and scratch the last paceline of an 11 entry race. Instead of that paceline disappearing, the screen simply returned to the Add/Edit Paceline screen.

On the off chance someone encountered this behavior before, I'm interested in whether anyone resolved the issue or worked around it.

Regards,

Clark
Yes, I've experienced that. I don't know the exact cutoff, but somewhere around eight contestants I start eliminating horses to get it down to five (or less) entrants. Then you can add a couple/few more and repeat the process.

That way you avoid having the race "blow up" and seeing all your work go down the drain.

Of course it's easier if you can narrow it down to five horses right off the bat, but sometimes that's not easy to do, especially with cheap claimers.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add/edit paceline, scratch screen, synthesis ii