Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 12-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Smile Cigar Mile

I've looked at the race and this is my assessment. I'm not going to predict the fractions of the race because it is what it is!
That being said there are 2 horses with speed inside of the favorite, the 2 & 4 but I think the 4 is the faster of the two. Now the 9 is an E horse and even though he may give the long shot players a thrill early, it will be short lived but he may get the 4 & 5 running sooner than they want to. I think we'll test these two to the wire but if they should falter then look out for the 10, 8 or 11 to run them down, or even the 2.
You probably know that i'm not a big fan of Maximum Security. Even if he wins it doesn't prove anything. He's been ducking all the big races at Md., Bel, Sar & SA. You can't be the best unless you meet the best but I guess Gary West can take the Eclipse Award committee to court also. But that's just a moot point if he doesn't win.
I will be playing the Claiming Crown races at GP as long as it stays fast/firm or I will look at Tampa or Fair Grounds.

Omar
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

Say what!!! "Even if he wins it doesn't prove anything." Ha ha ha That's incredible as I would say it proves much if he does win, it proves he's the better horse on that day against that field at that dis. and surface. "He's been ducking . . . " I would not call having a medical problem or an injury ducking anything except smart handling by the connections,a distinct difference.

I believe we haven't seen the best of Max. Sec. yet and the set backs may just have allowed him to achieve his full potential whereas others have been run into the ground chasing the Triple Crown and other big races.

As much as I like Max. Sec. the low odds and the fact the race means little to the long range plans and goals for Max., which is the Pegasus at GP. This race at 8 F is merely a stepping stone or intermediate objective to his 4 year old season. He's being prepped for more longer distances races where the better purses ,fame and breeding objectives can be met. Only time and demonstrated performance will accomplish that and only a few achieve that loftily goal. I wish him success and racing needs a star.

Betting horses that are prepping for other races and especially at low odds has always been a poor bet in racing. He is worth a $2 bet and to cheer him on. Opinions are what makes this Merry Go Round turn.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
omar
Grade 1

Racing needs a star ?

Racing already has a star, Me, they just haven't realized it yet. I'm surprised they haven't given me a star on horseracing's walk of fame. But that's okay I can handle rejection and adversity pretty well. It is what it is and that's all that it is.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:30 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Prove

Omar
I think Maxi does prove something if he wins the Grade 1 750,000
Cigar Mile Handicap. It's a big feather in the hat for Breeding value
As for skipping races, I hope there were still some sour grapes involved
because of the Derby DQ

That being said.

Mitch, you could be right. The workouts after a 140-day layoff look very
light and slow No 5F or fast 4's Looks like they are treating this as a comeback just to earn a check for a plus effort?

Name:  Light slow.PNG
Views: 641
Size:  104.5 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:33 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

The Philly Horse

I am rooting for a Philly horse Spun and Maxi exacta

Name:  Philly.PNG
Views: 655
Size:  62.5 KB
Old 12-07-2019, 06:12 AM   #6
omar
Grade 1

Talking Cigar Mile

I forgot to mention that Spun to Run could step up and run his best race today,he is a 3yo and they do pop with a big number out of the blue, but i think if he does, that just would contribute to a pace meltdown for the others.
If i have time i will post the TMM summary sheet but i'm only looking at the last 3 races, all the others will be computer generated selections.

Last edited by omar; 12-07-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

Omar: "Racing already has a star, Me" Please!! Somehow the horse racing world and I have missed that notoriety, missed like a spec of dust in the galaxy.

Hello Bill: I've never figured out how Max. can run as good as he has off slow works but that's his MO., therefor not an indication for anything as a guide. The trainer seems to know what his hole card is and he's a different horse in a race. He'll get a test today for sure. I think the race really is a paid workout to see just where he is at form wise, even if he finished 4th it 'll be a very big check for a paid workout. His odds don't warrant more than just a fun bet considering the layoff etc.

I still believe considering what's normal in racing today that he was robbed in the Derby. I'll root for him and place a fun bet while wishing him a safe journey. Your interest Bill indicates your good form and I'm glad your well.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #8
raceman5
Grade 1

Cigar

The race is loaded with speed. My picks 6-5. My 2 late pace horses.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

Works

Quote:
Hello Bill: I've never figured out how Max. can run as good as he has off slow works but that's his MO., therefor not an indication for anything as a guide. The trainer seems to know what his hole card is and he's a different horse in a race. He'll get a test today for sure. I think the race really is a paid workout to see just where he is at form-wise, even if he finished 4th it 'll be a very big check for a paid workout. His odds don't warrant more than just a fun bet considering the layoff etc.
Mitch

Thanks, I was unaware that J. Servis works Maxi in slow times
I dug up the Haskel card from Monmouth
Looks similar to his preps for today's Cigar Mile although the works for the Haskel were heavier earning a Furlong Per Day/ FPD notation

Thanks, Mitch
Yes I feel much more energy and upbeat
Brooks and I are heading down the road to DMR for some east coast racing simulcasting I am not a fan of Los Al. so it will be an early exit today

Name:  Before the haskel.PNG
Views: 633
Size:  99.8 KB
Old 12-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #10
omar
Grade 1

Smile Aqu R8-9-10

My Tmm summary sheet. Races 1-7 computer generated.

Dec 7, 19 Track AQU.pdf