Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Sunday "Cappin"

So you want to spend a nice day capping some races but do NOT really want to deal with

1) maidens
2) short fields
3) prohibitive odds on favorites
4) unknowns (fts/euro shippers etc)

You DO want to work races that:
1) are competitive
2) might have favorite trying something for the first time
3) give you a feeling of having FUN when working them cause there is enough stuff to work with

Here is a virtual card of races (before scratches)that fits the bill. First a little tune to get in that mood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKgA...aynext_from=QL

Aqueduct:
Race 1

Fair Grounds:
Race 6
Race 8
Race 9
Race 10

Golden Gate:
Race 4
Race 8

Hawthorne:
Race 5
Race 7
Race 8
Race 9

Hollywood:
Race 5
Race 6

Philly:
Race 2
Race 3
Race 5
Race 8
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Fair Grounds:
Race 9
Don't know if this one is as easy as it appears. The morning line favorite is distance challenged (a 2 turn mile is probably her max and the long FG stretch certainly won't help) and the only other horse in the race that can outrun a poodle, Lady Attack, is a very nice horse, the best in the race, who just happens to be coming off a 15 month layoff.

And, this one might not be on the turf, as they were sloppy yesterday.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
clore1030
Grade 1

The first at AQU is off the turf (as are all of today's turf heats), so you may wish to take that one off the list.

Scratches have yet to be posted - they take so long to do that at the NYC circuit, a real pain.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

cold a rainy

wet down here in south Jersey
So Philly Park s probably wet

Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by Bill V.; 11-30-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

FG

Main - Sloppy
Turf - Off
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Hey gang. Kinda crappy weather everywhere it seems.

John (Tfm):
would you have a Fat Chart for the #7 Beatumhome's last race in Philly's 3rd? I'm liking him as a long shot (12/1ml).Think he matches up well and the slop shouldn't hurt

Hope everyone has a great day. Turner Movie Classic cable channel is calling!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Hope everyone has a great day. Turner Movie Classic cable channel is calling!
No lie, they are running THE TIME MACHINE right now. I first saw that film the day after Thanksgiving in 1960. A group of us who read Famous Monsters magazine in those days knew this was to be a special film and we looked forward to it for months. We were not disappointed and for days afterward, we debated over what three books Rod Taylor was bringing back to the future.

There's also all of the PLANET OF THE APES films on Fox Movie Channel this weekend.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
tfm
Former member

Here you go.

I did a quick check of the followup races of the only other horse that showed some life in that race, Briansbrothersean: off the board sprinting; 3rd at 24:1 routing, when carried out 1st turn; and 2nd at 9:1 to a 4:5 shot sprinting.
Attached Images

Last edited by tfm; 11-30-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
Here you go.

I did a quick check of the followup races of the only other horse that showed some life in that race, Briansbrothersean: off the board sprinting; 3rd at 24:1 routing, when carried out 1st turn; and 2nd at 9:1 to a 4:5 shot sprinting.
Much appreciated John. Thank you!

Hey I dont know how much it would take etc but have you ever considered making your charts for say 1 circuit and make them available to folks at a price? Far as I know they are one of a kind and extremely valuable the way you seem to use them. Patience waiting for nice situations to appear
Old 11-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Much appreciated John. Thank you!

Hey I dont know how much it would take etc but have you ever considered making your charts for say 1 circuit and make them available to folks at a price? Far as I know they are one of a kind and extremely valuable the way you seem to use them. Patience waiting for nice situations to appear
Rich

The key is using them over time and getting to see what patterns work, and at which tracks. The problem, however, is that, with work, I can't keep up with as many tracks as I'd want to. Then, a race will come up and I'll go back and do the chart for a specific day and a horse will stick out, and, of course, come back and win. For example, I did the charts to look at the race for a horse running at FG the other day, and noticed the move in the attached chart. And I felt sick to my stomach. When I checked, she ran next out at RP, paying 24:1.

My intent was not to sell them as they're merely graphed results charts. If anyone wants them I'm certainly willing to trade them for something I'd find useful (PPs, access to replays, etc.).
Attached Images