Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2009
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2009 Lets meet at the Spa We had a great time last year! Lets make 2009 even better

Old 08-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #31
Bill V.
The egg man

Tom
The best thing about pace and cap days is getting to meet people
I ts was my pleasure I wish. you good skill
Bill
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #32
Vinnie
Grade 1

I was truly looking forward to meeting with you folks at the SPA tomorrow, however, due to the fact that I have to work a double shift tonight and into the wee hours tomorrow, I won't be able to make it this year. I especially wanted to make it to Saratoga because you guys have gone to such great lengths to set up the feature race for Doc and Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw.

I have to take the days off this next year so I can get over there to see you guys.

I will be thinking of you all when you are over there tomorrow. Good Skill and win a few nice ones for the Doc and "The Hat".

All the BEST!

Vinnie
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #33
Zaf
Grade 2

Nice seeing Ted & Bill & Tom again this year. Was a pleasure to meet Charlie & Barb C. Ted your Mom is one super handicapper
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #34
mikesal57
Grade 1

Wonderful Day

Hi Guys...

What a pleasure to meet you guys finally!!

After a disastrous start, Sunday turned out to be the best day of the trip.

I met Ted & Allison, Bill V and his lovely parents Brooks & Ester, Bill & Max

and not to mention Barb...

Barb, my wife Sylvia and I , just loved you...you are the sweetest person!!

It was great talking and getting to know all of you...I told my wife before we all met that she would love you guys and I was right...she did.

My only disappointment was that Richie couldn't make it...I would have loved to meet him

Richie, next time...and thanks for remembering me I'll enjoy the book.

mike
Old 08-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #35
nomorebocci
Grade 1

what a great day!

hi everyone, Brooks and I had such a wonderful day on Sunday, with Bill and all his friends. Now you are all our friends, as well. So nice to meet you, Barb, Ted, Allison, Charlie, Missy, Mike, Sylvia, Max, Bill Tiernie, and of course sweet Mariana, Doc's beautiful granddaughter.
Charlie, thanks for taking us up to your seats, and for the tour of the paddock. Wow! Mike, thanks for what you did for us. Everyone, thanks for your friendship and support for our son Bill.
Mariana, thanks so much for making the trip out to Saratoga on this special day and we all love you!!!!
Can't wait for next year's Pace and Cap Day.
Love, Joe and Esther Varone (now we can all picture each other)
Old 08-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #36
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi folks:

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your company. It was so good to be able to put faces to names. What a wonderful bunch of people we have here. Mariana was very gracious and her memories she shared with us of her childhood with her Grandpa put the icing on the cake so to speak.

Joe and Ester were so sweet, and Mike I'm so glad you brought Sylvia along. Now I have a picture when you needle me. LOL . Darrel - such fun being with you, I hear you did really well with your last few $$$. And Bill T. I learned a lot from you and it was so enjoyable. And through the week Bill V., what a friend! Max, Chris, and especially Charlie and Missy for their over-the-top hospitality. And of course my son Ted, and when she came, my daughter-in-law Alison. If I've left anyone out, I apologize, the whole week was such a whirlwind of excitement.

I must say a thank you to the PA guys too for their kind hospitality in the tent. The day it rained all day they went out of their way to help us get everything high and dry.

Ted's posting the pictures from both of us. I think more will come when he gets home.

I'm still traveling too. I'm now in St. Catharines and went to Ft. Erie track with a friend yesterday. We didn't realize it was only running Sun, Mon, Tues. so we went there on the fly and got there in time for the fourth race I used RDSS and some of my new-found knowledge to come in with 3 wins and an exacta.

Wow! A good time was had by all!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
chris
Grade 1

Thanks to our host/s

Enjoyed the experience of Saratoga, and the weather just added to the challenge - sounds like one of those Corporate mantras marketing mavens are so fond of. Something popped up at home and had to leave early Sunday so I missed the Memorial race, though I did meet our hosts, some Pace & Cap members, and a group from Pace Advantage and that made the trip memorable.

Thanks to all who did the unseen back work to make it possible. When I first began participating on this board I mentioned it to my daughter. She read some of the postings, and was amazed at the tone of unenforced civility that prevailed. That same spirit was evident at Saratoga,

Again, thanks

Chris
Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #38
Grandpa's Girl
Grade 3

Hello All.
I just returned home from N.Y.
I wanted to thank all of you again for such a beautiful Sunday. What an amazing day of honor to my grandfather and Jimmy. I had such a great time. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can catch my breath. Mrs Varone.. You still have an email coming... I did not forget.
Once again it was so nice to meet all of you who attended. I really felt the admiration you all had for my grandpa. THANK YOU