Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Dorianmode
always learning

Question RDSS Data did not Load

Ted,
I downloaded the data from Philidelphia this am, and the past performances do not show up in the individual horses. What's wrong ? Anyway to correct this ?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Dorianmode
always learning

Data

Actually there are multiple horses from multiple tracks for which the data did not download. Is there a waymto get it to "redo" the download ?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dorianmode,

Something interrupted the Data Centre Convert process (perhaps there was a note about it in the Progress window?)

The Download succeeded but the Convert did not. Simply rerun the Convert Task on the cards which appear incomplete (check Convert, uncheck Download) and uncheck Don't Duplicate - i.e. do permit the Data Centre to duplicate the Convert process it already did (incompletely) on those cards. If you don't uncheck Don't Duplicate, the previous Convert of the card in question will not be ... Duplicated. (Return the check-marks to their original settings when you're done).

Let us know if this solved the problem.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
gandalf380
Grade 1

Ted

I had the same problem with Dmr 8/28 8th race. The rest of the card was fine but the 8th race showed up as all FTS. I downloaded twice and converted three times--no change.

Charlie
Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Dorianmode
always learning

Data Interruption

Ted,
Thanks for your timely help. It worked great. All is well.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
dennis alford
Maiden

Downloading Trouble

Hello Ted,

I have tried to download the RDSS database files (as instructed in e-mail), however once I clicked on the link, I saved the file in "local disk c" drive. Afterwards, I doubled clicked it to "run". As stated in e-mail two data files are supposed to save, but this did not happen. I have tried it over five times and no luck as of yet.

please resend the e-mail with instructions on how to download. Also, The icon appears in the "c" drive, however when I click on it, it only asks me to run, then a window pops up asking to "run" it again (I'm confused). I already have RDSS Trakmaster on my computer, which opens with no problem. I need help!

Thanks
D. Alford
Old 10-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dennis,

It's probably quicker to just call me and we'll get it sorted out. Check your email.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis alford View Post
Hello Ted,

I have tried to download the RDSS database files (as instructed in e-mail), however once I clicked on the link, I saved the file in "local disk c" drive. Afterwards, I doubled clicked it to "run". As stated in e-mail two data files are supposed to save, but this did not happen. I have tried it over five times and no luck as of yet.

please resend the e-mail with instructions on how to download. Also, The icon appears in the "c" drive, however when I click on it, it only asks me to run, then a window pops up asking to "run" it again (I'm confused). I already have RDSS Trakmaster on my computer, which opens with no problem. I need help!

Thanks
D. Alford
Problem resolved, as follows:

1. You have to also install the RDSS software. Either before or after installing the Demo Database, but the software itself must be installed. The Database install program is not the RDSS software, nor does it install the software - it is only a big database to play with. (it has a separate installer program as it is a very large download file and not everyone wants all those old races).

2. Install the Demo database (http://www.sartinmethodology.com/rdss-demo-database).

3. Follow the instructions to modify the RDSS Configuration file (http://www.sartinmethodology.com/rdss-demo-database). If you don't do that, you will get the default database - the blank empty database, and not the 5000+ races of the 2010 Demo Database.

Voilà

Ted

R
DSS -