Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > November Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

November Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
chuckg
Grade 1

chuckg - Breeders Cup races

I'd like to separate these bonus races from the regular November 20 race cycle so that I don't make a mess of my contest thread.
chuckg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg View Post
I'd like to separate these bonus races from the regular November 20 race cycle so that I don't make a mess of my contest thread.
Chuck,

Can you explain more about what would make a mess of your Nov Contest thread? Presumably, you would only include those specific BC races which you felt were analysable by matchup and/or pace methods. In that regard, aren't they like all other high class races?

Or are you asking to post up to 5 races per day each BC day (i.e. 10 max) - PLUS another 20 races for the regular November Contest?

BTW, congratulations on winning the October Contest in fine style!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
chuckg
Grade 1

I must have misunderstood the BC bonus. I thought we would take the best 5 out of 15 to score the bonus. That would have meant an unmanageable 35 races in my contest thread. So , are we to count each BC race we post towards our regular 20 race cycle?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg View Post
I must have misunderstood the BC bonus. I thought we would take the best 5 out of 15 to score the bonus. That would have meant an unmanageable 35 races in my contest thread. So , are we to count each BC race we post towards our regular 20 race cycle?
Yes, each BC race you post counts towards your 20 races. You can post 5 races per day in the Contest, so that could be 5 BC races from Friday and another 5 from Saturday if you wanted. You'd then need another 10 races to complete the contest of 20 races total. The most profitable 5 of everyone's BC races (e.g. out of 10 max) are summed, and the highest score from those races wins the Breeders' Cup Bonus prize.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
chuckg
Grade 1

Great. That makes a whole lot more sense. I'll make a normal thread for the November contest.