Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

New Track Code: BHP = HOL

The new Hollywood Park meet which starts Thursday April 26, 2012 has a new track code: BHP. This is because Betfair has entered into a naming rights agreement with Hollywood Park, and the track will be referred to as 'Betfair Hollywood Park'.

Setting aside the wisdom (or lack thereof) of gratuitously inventing or renaming track codes, and the confusion this causes to software programs, Equibase and thus TrackMaster will begin supplying data files labeled as BHP, which are none other than what we used to call HOL.

Thursday's BHP/HOL card is available now, but for RDSS to process it, you will need to add that new code to the internal track list in the same way we had to do when Philadelphia Park's code was renamed from PHA to PRX.

To add this new BHP code to RDSS, please right-click on the file shown below (TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV), choose Save Link As ... or Save Target As ... (depending on your browser) then save it to your RDSS folder. If you are using RDSS2, place the file in your C:\RDSS2 folder. If you are using RDSS1, place the file in your C:\RDSS folder.

Here is the file: TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV

Then simply run RDSS. You will see the following 2 messages:
Name:  track_code_update.png
Views: 830
Size:  24.9 KB Name:  track_code_update1.png
Views: 853
Size:  33.9 KB

If you don't see these 2 messages it means you did not save the file in your RDSS folder, and please try again.

Please Note 1: if you are not running at least RDSS V0.99.2, this track code update process will not work. You need to update to V0.99.2, or RDSS2 Beta2.5.

Please Note 2: one user reported that when you Save As ... as described above, the file was named attachment.csv instead of TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV. RDSS will not recognize attachment.csv as a file it should do anything about, so if this happens to you, you must rename the file TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV.

After running RDSS and clicking OK to the above 2 info messages, open the Data Centre and click on Display Available Cards. If there are cards for BHP available, that new track code will appear in your All Tracks list and RDSS will be able to process BHP like any other track. When horses who run in these new Hollywood meet races run again in a few weeks or months, the track code in the Past Performances should read HOL, not BHP. However, I will need to make some changes in RDSS2 so that track code BHP is referred to throughout the rest of the software as HOL. I will not be making any changes to RDSS1 (V0.99.2).

Upon successful processing of this track code update, RDSS renames the file so it does not run it again. You will see in your RDSS folder the file renamed to something similar to TRACK_CODE_UPDATE_(20120418-1234).CSV

Hoping this does not cause too many problems for everyone, and wishing you good luck at good old Hollywood Park!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Not working for me in RDSS2

Ted,

I performed the tracklist update as you stated, got the two prompts when I opened Rdss2. But my data center sees no Hollywood Park files for yesterday or today. It still has the HOL designation in the data center.
Dallas4lr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas4lr View Post
Ted,

I performed the tracklist update as you stated, got the two prompts when I opened Rdss2. But my data center sees no Hollywood Park files for yesterday or today. It still has the HOL designation in the data center.
Carl,

The track code for Hollywood is now BHP, so make sure you select that track. You can edit the name to show as 'Hollywood'. HOL is no longer an active track.

Name:  bhp1.png
Views: 1546
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  bhp2.png
Views: 1585
Size:  24.4 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Ted,

I opened the program once more and the BHP designation finally appeared. I was able to Rclick and edit.

Thanks
Carl
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
kenr3138
AlwNW2X

Track Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Carl,

The track code for Hollywood is now BHP, so make sure you select that track. You can edit the name to show as 'Hollywood'. HOL is no longer an active track.

Attachment 26832

Attachment 26833

Ted
I did just as Carl (Dallas4lr) but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Ken
kenr3138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Ken,

I eventually deleted the file and redownloaded it into the RDSS2 folder. As I stated above, after opening the program several times it finally appeared.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
kenr3138
AlwNW2X

What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas4lr View Post
Ken,

I eventually deleted the file and redownloaded it into the RDSS2 folder. As I stated above, after opening the program several times it finally appeared.
Carl:
Actually I intended to direct the message to Ted however I did not. Sorry about that.
I appreciate your reply. I did try what you suggested last night. Here
are the steps I took:

I downloaded the latest Rdss2Install.Beta2.5-02.exe. I did not
delete the RDSS2 files nor the folder. I then ran the Install exe.
It did not change the track list at all. I know the install had some affect on the program because the colors of the menue on the Rdss Desktop changed. However, the track list still does not show BHP.

Not sure what steps I should take now.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
kenr3138
AlwNW2X

Not working for me in RDSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr3138 View Post
I did just as Carl (Dallas4lr) but there is no BHP track code.
What next?

Ken
Ted:
I did just as Carl suggested but there is no BHP track code.
What next?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr3138 View Post
Ted:
I did just as Carl suggested but there is no BHP track code.
What next?
Download TeamViewer from TeamViewer.com. Install, get the ID and Password give, send me a email and propose a time to connect my computer to you using TeamViewer, and give you a phone call.

We'll sort it out.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
cct2447
AlwNW1X

Betfair Hollywood Park

How do you designate the RDSS@ or RDSS! file in Drive C?
I right-clicked the link but where does it go?
cct2447 is offline   Reply With Quote