Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Question re loading data in older Sartin programs

A user writes:
"I need some help. I cannot get a race to load into my old Sartin programs. I have a number of old Sartin programs including Matchup (MATCH.EXE) and Phase 111 (PHASE3.EXE includes Brun30.EXE). I have them in a folder C:\hrace. I exported, from RDSS, a race file EV072401.RAC. My operating system is Windows XP. When I open either program and select #2 "Load A File From Disk" the program moves to the next screen that ask to enter: "Name of File To Load". I then enter the race number and hit "enter".....rather than load the race file it removes the race number that I have entered. Actually it does the same thing with other programs KGEN,EXDC,SYNTHESIS ETC.
I have downloaded TameDos and I'm still getting the same results. My question is:

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND I DO TO GET THE PROGRAM TO LOAD THE RACE FILE?"
I have tested the export to older Sartin software (e.g. in a RAC format file) in EXDC, KGEN, Thoromation (and a few flavours of these), but not others. Only the 3 call format is supported (so not SKGEN - Super KGEN, or any 4 call Thoromations, or Synthesis).

When asked for the file name (for example, AP 08/06 race #2), enter AP080602 and the file loads (in those programs which handle that file format). Don't just enter the race number, enter the file name (minus the RAC ending).

I tested this in KGEN today, with this exported file:

AP080602.zip

Here was my screen:

Name:  kgen.gif
Views: 657
Size:  8.9 KB

Any DOS environment where these older programs load and you can enter data by hand will also load the RDSS export file (if they load files at all). Give it a try and let us know.

Hope this helps!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
MIKE
Grade 1

Ted

--anything in the future for the 4 calls ???
Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sure Mike, it's been on my list for a while. If the next major release (later Autumn) doesn't include it, feel free to bug me!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™