Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 08-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Eliminations

ok the 4 is gone. let's get rid of some others now

Since the rest of the horses are Calder guys the 2 fastest INCLUDING pace of race and Position and beaten lenghts are the

6 horse - last line - 21.4 - 45.3 - 112.4

8 horse - last line - 22.0 - 45.3 - 112.2 - 119.3

Let's keep them.

Eliminations:

2 horse - destroyed by the 8 horse in tandem 2 races back - out

3 horse - too slow and deep sustained style - out

4 horse eliminated by the 1 in " battle of the earlies"

5 horse - ridiculously slow - out

7 horse - slow roach - out
Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
RichieP
Grade 1

Ok left with the

1 - Early

6 - Presser

8 - Presser

the styles on the 6 and 8 can vary to sustained presser I guess. To be honest This is what I had and thought the 1 was a cinch. Bet him and watched him run 2nd at huge odds to the 6 . LOSS - sonofabitc*

here is the pp's for the 1 horse one more time - focus on his running style - pure need to lead early showing NO ability to FIGHT a horse if headed -

Please REMEMBER that last bit ok - if it is HEADED it shows nothing in it's pp's to show it will FIGHT. It NEEDS an open lead to WIN.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1

Keep an open mind NOW

ok here are the pp's for the winning 6 horse again - now look at his 1st fraction from the race - 21.4 -- ok now the leading 1 horse 1st fraction - 22.1

Hat's description of what happens now:

1) The 6 horse has a 2 tick advantage at the 1st call over the 1. Ok Rich subtract those 2 ticks from the 6's POSITION at the 1st call of HIS race and what POSITION does that put him in TODAY. Position - 5th take away 2 ticks - Position TODAY at 1st call - 3rd at worst

2) Now using the 6's paceline what did he do from his 1st call to 2nd call POSITIONALLY? went from 5th to 3rd - gain of 2 POSITIONS - ok if he is 3rd TODAY at 1c give him his 2 position gain and apply to TODAYS race.

1c- 3rd
2c - gain of 2 POSITIONS so is moving to the leader ( the 1 horse) NOW

3) Now we HAVE to remember from earlier that the leading 1 horse has NOT proven himself a FIGHTER ok? at the 2nd call he is being attacked by the 6 horse. Now move to the 6 horse's POSITION at the stretch call of the last race. he moves from 3rd at 2c to 2nd at stretch right? A GAIN of 1 position.

apply that gain to todays scenario and lo and behold the 6 at the STRETCH call has fought and PASSED the 1 horse.

The 6 in its race goes on to win and projecting to today it is projected to WIN today's matchup over the 1
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

the 8 horse

ok if you take the remaining contender and do the same matching you will see he does NOT match up like the 6 did.

TRY it.

here is the result chart . Look how the race actually ran POSITIONALLY compared to what Jim described.

I am sitting here with kinda chills typing this because for ME a light bulb went on when he did this with me ok? That's why I had to ask him if I can try and post it. I HAVE to attempt it.

THIS " thing" is at least one of the things he does that makes folks shake their heads and attach all kinds of words to it baby.

I have to practice this a LOT more but I actually SEE a bit of it man.

This ain't voodoo. It's Jim's matchup and now I am STARTING to see it. I can't believe it.

Jim I hope I made some kind of sense in describing the technique you are teaching me. **** I HAD to try and explain it out of RESPECT and appreciation for all you have done for me!

Sonofabitch if I saw this before the race I am still counting the cash Hat

Richie
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #15
THE HAT
Grade 2

Rich,

Great job in describing the race. You explained the race as I explained it
to you. You make me proud.
Sure the 1 horse paid more to place than the 6 horse paid to win, but you
throw away a ticket if you be the 1 to win, ask Rich.
By the way this isn't something made up, because I bet the 6 horse to win.

The Hat
Old 12-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #16
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

3) Now we HAVE to remember from earlier that the leading 1 horse has NOT proven himself a FIGHTER ok?
Good refresher.

Horse, really, has NEVER had the lead in PP's, except breaking 1st out the gate, but fought for the lead.

Looks like different stress on a horse fighting in 2nd by a head/neck for the lead vs ACTUALLY HAVING the lead and fighting OFF another [want-to-lead] horse.

Being pressed vs being the presser.

2nd by a head is FIGHTING for the lead, NOT having the lead....there may be a pronounced difference.

Fighting for the lead, but not actually having it = on the Offensive.

Having the lead and fighting off want-the-lead horse = on the Defensive.

The best defense is a good offense? Defense wins championships?

Drafting, like bicyclist?

Harder when you are on top vs chasing something thats already established....maybe something to think about.

Like I said, lots of study material here with old MatchUp post.

It's only "old" if you have truly and thoroughly mastered it.

Reading THE HAT'S comments never gets tiring.

VoodooFan