Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 06-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #261
tleusin
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to tleusin
Have a joyous Canada Day. Think I will enjoy it by watching the Queens Cup tomorrow and coffee at Tim Hortons on Monday. Best I can do in eastern Kentucky. Could pull out my Don Cherry bobblehead and sing "Oh Canada" but with my voice the doll might slap me.
Truly appreciate my neighbor to the north and the Fete du Canada.
tleusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #262
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
BTW, I am away until Monday for the Canada Day holiday weekend and will address all responses when I get back then.

Happy Canada Day to all who celebrate it!

Ted

Enjoy your holiday Ted.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #263
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Tim, and Terry and Bill L -

Can I ask - did this stalling, or disk failing behaviour happen from the very beginning of using V2.1.049.11 (the current version) in mid-April. Or did it just start (or accelerate) the past week or so?

I just started using it at the beginning of June but it has happened for at least 2 weeks. There are three other things I've noticed Ted. 1) When switching races it tends to crash (a lot). It will try to go to the next race then CTD (no BSOF or any other error, just back to the desktop). 2) If you leave RDSS sit without any key inputs, for 5-10 minutes, it is likely to crash when trying to use it again. 3) When using live during a race you have to re-assemble the next race to get the live tote working.

Quote:
If the latter, it indicates something changed (again, since April) about one of the web links RDSS checks at Twinspires either for tote access or scratch updates. Or else, perhaps it indicates a change in default settings to Windows Security settings (Windows Defender, or SmartScreen) which is now imposing more strict access control over access to https://www.twinspires.com/...etc. I think this, because if the latest RDSS Version was working before, then it can only be this limited set of things which could change to cause the slowdown.

Can't speak for Smart Screen but I run Avast for AV so Defender is disabled.

Quote:
If it was ALWAYS the case with this current version, it does not explain why EVERYONE does not experience the same problem. I know that's not any of your concerns - but it is for the person troubleshooting and trying to solve it (me ).

Could anyone recently (or always) experiencing slowness or 'not responding' problems with the current version please first try to disable the tote system (again, see http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=251) and if necessary also disable Windows SmartScreen (google how).

Your responses will help me troubleshoot and correct things as soon as I can.

Thank you!

Ted

I've never had any type of slowness with the program - just the problems mentioned above. FWIW - I run hard wire to the cable modem. Is there anyway to enable a bug trap to write to an error log Ted?

Last edited by Segwin; 06-28-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #264
barb craven
Grade 1

I'm new to this thread too. I've been experiencing the same problems, just the last few weeks. Before that the latest version worked well.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #265
Mitch44
Grade 1

I downloaded yesterday and did a couple races with no problems. Today all I'm getting is a spinning wheel and whiteouts. With enough patience it'll display but trying to do a race and going from horse to horse or screen to screen was pure drudgery. I gave it up for the day.

HELP,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #266
Mitch44
Grade 1

Go figure today everything works fine, even with the cards from yesterday. I did run my malware and defender last night. Perhaps something was fragmented yesterday.

Has this been a fix for anyone else?

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #267
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I would say mid April would be the start, but moreso lately. Especially the 'not responding" issue. it occurs several times a day even with only one venue open.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #268
Bill V.
The egg man

Mine is once

I just got 1 spinner yesterday and it was with many windows open

My dad has a terrible time. He gets them very often, but I must add he is still running Windows 7
On a computer that sat for a few years so updates were missed
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #269
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Just got it this sunday afternoon and wanted to see who won the last at LRC - it had run already so there should not have been a tote influence (hopefully). Opened the last race and it started spinning right away. Acdtually I started to log on to get the prices and THEN it started spinning, so I was trying to activate the twinspires browser
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:26 PM   #270
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

freezing while online again

so we have had this problem before and I knew what to do this time (turn of wifi and work them offline). I came in to see if we were working on an update, but sounds like were still troubleshooting. twinspires link doesn't work or something?
tizlinda is offline   Reply With Quote