Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation RDSS 2.1 Software Update - NEW

I have released a new version of RDSS 2.1 (.048). I have also moved the entire RDSS 2.1 Testing Forum into the RDSS 2.1 Public Forum (and closed the Testing Forum)

You can find all the RDSS 2.1 Release Notes in the Documentation thread in that Forum.

Also the V2.1.048 Software Download.

Also Bugs, Suggestions and various studies and discussions over the past few years.

I will shortly be updating the Bugs List for known items in this current release.

I'll be making a bunch of videos showing stuff about RDSS 2.1 in the coming few weeks.

Please forgive me if the collection of RDSS Threads and Forums covering several past versions is a little spread out and maybe disorganized at the moment. I am working on getting everything pointed to one place: the RDSS 2.1 Forum.

Please Note: this update is Part 1 of a 2-Part update. The next update is scheduled for later this month (March). The near-future update path is discussed in the RDSS 2.1 Documentation Thread.

The main focus of this update is restoring tote functionality which has been missing since January 2018.

Everyone who is using the older RDSS 2.06 (from 2013) and those using older RDSS 2.1 versions should make plans to upgrade to RDSS 2.1.048 as soon as possible. After the next update (Part 2 referred to above), the older versions will not be able to download from TrackMaster anymore, after I implement secure access to their site (HTTPS) and they finally switch off the older non-secure access (HTTP). (You will still be able to USE the older versions, just not download race cards with them or get live tote data).

Enjoy!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Biggest news of 2018 as far as I'm concerned... if it weren't for every major tracking being under water this weekend I'd be waist deep in PPs already.

Thank you for all of your hard work, Ted. You are a legend.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

Ted,

When we get Part 2, do we still download our data the same way, or with the HTTPS, do we get redirected to Trackmaster's website to download? In other words, is it seamless like it is now, or is the process slightly different?

Tim
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

It's seamless. Just a new internal internet component better equipped to do HTTPS (employs TLS 1.2 security).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I have updated the software today and there is a new download available: http://www.rdss2.com/how-to-obtain

V2.1.048-a (March 10, 2018)

It fixes a bug reported where several of the Horse PP screens did not Zoom correctly to the user-chosen Font Zoom setting in Config Settings.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #6
Mark
Grade 1

Seems to work very well. Quite snappy! I like the bold days since previous race, really catches my eye. Look forward to the goodies in the 2nd half release.
Thank you , Ted.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #7
mick
Abiding Student

Thanks, Ted.

I like seeing those FT starters on the screen, especially with the Tote numbers. And to echo Mark's sentiments, I'm looking forward to the next release.

RDSS just keeps getting better and better.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote