Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 12-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Jim Bradshaw's Advanced Matchup Concepts

Taking a cue from Capcondo's excellent thread on "Pattern Recognition" I would like to lay out Jim's advanced concepts in the CORRECT learning order ok? They are like building blocks with one setting the foundation and lessons for the next.

First and foremost EVERYTHING must begin with a thorough understanding and implementation of Jim's "5 Step Approach" which can be found here:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5715

This study for those who are really interested and willing to invest the time should be working the "5 step" on its own for at least 4 preferably 6 months.

While NOT an advanced concept I personally would then and only then recommend digesting the "8 month update" thread" - it was MY reality (both good and bad) after studying with Jim for 8 months. It also for YOU will begin to hammer home the importance of "Pattern Recognition" and PATIENCE if your goal is to win MONEY and not just "play races". That thread is found here:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951

From there lets get into the 2 concepts that I.M.H.O. COMPLETELY separate Jim Bradshaw's Matchup Concepts from all other Methodologies, software applications etc. In the correct learning order (by specific threads with links to them) they are:

1) The Mind's Eye:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3717

next:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3810

next:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3906

next:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3976

2) Voodoo the "Hat's Way":

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4396

next:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497

Do any of you believe the following that Jim told me" Rich the truth is stranger than any fiction ever written"?

I'm asking because as I am typing this thread my computer screen is going crazy turning from real bright to dark, then bright (and I mean BRIGHT!!) several times! Karen and I got home from a beautiful Christmas with our family (my new family!) and she is right next to me baking for a houseful of guests coming tomorrow. I started freaking out a bit when the screen was going nuts, called her, showed her and she just looked at me and said" Honey that is crazy, I've never seen that"

Seriously is it Jim coming to say hi to everybody here? I honestly think it is!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and the very best of health, happiness and LOVE to you and your families from the Pizzicara household!!!!!

Richie and Karen
Old 12-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Hi Richie,

Glad to hear that everything is going well and wish you and Karen the
very best.

I still have fond memories of my conversations with your Mom about
the Yankees, she really knew the game well.

Take Care
Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Richie:

Thanks for taking the time to summarize the info and directing us to the best spots where we can brush up on The Hat's teachings.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
The Pook
Grade 1

Beautiful stuff Richie. Thanks from me too for assembling the above post for easy reference in doing advanced Matching. I for one am fully involved in Matching at this level now with some good success. Hopefully my next 10,000 races or so will lead to better consistency and even more pattern recognition.

It is cool to begin to achieve an awareness of how The Hat did what he did. However I still find it hard to believe his levels of consistency.

Glad that you still tune in and occasionally serve up anecdotes from your experiences learning from Jim. There is quite a bunch of us that are trying to apply his teachings through you at various levels of advancement here in this forum. I think he would be pleased to know that your efforts were not wasted and that things remain accessible for anyone with desire and fortitude to learn. It takes a lot of practice, a lot of doing, a lot of patience.

So thanks man and all the best to you and yours in the New Year too. Maybe we will even see you have some fun in the 2016 Match for Cash series. Starts in February.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post

It is cool to begin to achieve an awareness of how The Hat did what he did. However I still find it hard to believe his levels of consistency.
Pook
Pook check this out:

Hat would go to Remington Park which was pretty close to his home. He would play pick 3's and pick 6's mostly using one horse in each leg. He hated when he had to use a 2nd one (imagine! lol)

He goes to Remington, plays a pick 6 with 5 singles and one race where he used 2 horses. He hits it pays like 10 grand, he cashes and goes and buys a brand new truck. Goes the next 2 weeks one day a week doesn't cash. Following week he plays same structure pick 6, 5 singles and one leg using 2 runners. Hits again this time for over 10 grand! He goes the next day to a Cadillac dealer trades in the new truck he had just got less than a month earlier and buys the brand new black Eldorado he had until he passed. It was gorgeous and Bill V when he went to visit him has pictures of Hat rolling up in it to pick him up to take him to the track! It was a bad ass ride with (of course) "The Hat" custom license plates and a custom grille in the front.

When Jim was real sick and he knew his time was short I told him I wanted to buy that car for sure. He thought about it and told me he HAD to leave The" Hatmobile" to his wife and daughter. I understood but told him not to blame me for trying!

Finishing the story above Jim knew a LOT of folks at Remington who he would give picks to etc. After the 2nd hit in the pick 6 in less than a month a bunch of them made a huge banner reading "The Hat is God!" and hung it in the grandstand!!!!!!!!!!! I saw a photo of it and it was crazy!

Old 12-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man

so nice

Yes sir , I stayed at a hotel in Tulsa for a week,
Hat and LeRoy picked me up and drove me around using their family car. Hat showed me the caddy parked in his garage. I asked him the story Richie shared with you,
Hat just smiled. The day hat picked me up to go to the track, He came in the Hat caddy .
I was so lucky , what good friends. I have been blessed .
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Mark
Grade 1

Richie P's Match Up Webinar CD

I found a thread by Richie P that announces a Match Up Webinar on October 18th 2008 and that a CD would be produced of this production. Does anyone have a copy of this or know it is available? Does anyone know whether Richie P would like to do another one? There was admission to this Webinar and I don't know what the cost of the CD is but this information is PRICELESS!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I found a thread by Richie P that announces a Match Up Webinar on October 18th 2008 and that a CD would be produced of this production. Does anyone have a copy of this or know it is available? Does anyone know whether Richie P would like to do another one? There was admission to this Webinar and I don't know what the cost of the CD is but this information is PRICELESS!
Hi Mark
That webinar never happened and I honestly don't remember why.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #9
Mark
Grade 1

Match Up Webinar

Richie,

Would you consider presenting that webinar sometime in the future? The outline of the subjects you wanted to present and all the areas you wanted to discuss were the exact areas many of us would greatly appreciate. For myself, I have been studying the Hat Check blog continuously for 2 years and have a good grasp of the principles and techniques but this would be the practical exercise that answers so many questions that take weeks or months to answer otherwise. I would be willing to pay whatever you felt necessary to charge and I would think there would be others as well. Limiting the enrollment would insure that only the serious Matchers would participate.

Thanks for you consideration!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #10
pilot
Grade 2

Thank you Richie for posting that. It is very much appreciated.

Wayne
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote