Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #51
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elocutionist View Post
Ted, When a horse is scratched either manually or by the program,it is still in the readouts. In order to remove it I have to re-assemble. I separate contenders and any paceline changes either the night before or in the morning before scratches. Of course when I re-assemble all that work goes away. Is there anything you can do about it. The old program didn't do that.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil, can you cite me a race to check this (today is fine) where the following does NOT work:

a) for a previously assembled/handicapped race, after scratches become available, on the Entries screen click the Refresh TS Ratings & Scratches button. Scratched horses are removed from all readouts.

b) (worst case) - click the Scratch checkbox left-side of the Entries screen for horses you know to be scratched

While we're at it - are you saying that sometimes when you have an assembled race (night before or today before scratches published), when you open the race and Refresh the Scratches using the button - the correct Scratches FAIL to be marked in RDSS? (Compared to Scratches showing at TS: (https://www.twinspires.com/bet/program/todays-races). AND - any scratched horses don't get removed from Analysis screens?

I am having an email discussion right now with a couple of folks on this re PRX Scratches today. Any other races to demo this problem?

Bottom line - can you help me see what you're seeing? Help me to duplicate your exact steps (taking into account the answers above).

Thanks in advance!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #52
elocutionist
Grade 3

Ted, Today at Parx race 7,8 and 10. When I opened today the scratches appeared on the entries screen, but still in the readouts. I just now refreshed the TS ratings and scratches and the scratched horses are removed from the readout. Thanks for the help. In regards to the issue I had with the race conditions, it was only with races I downloaded prior the new version. Again, thanks for all your help.

Phil
elocutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #53
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Ted, Today at Parx race 7,8 and 10. When I opened today the scratches appeared on the entries screen, but still in the readouts. I just now refreshed the TS ratings and scratches and the scratched horses are removed from the readout. Thanks for the help. In regards to the issue I had with the race conditions, it was only with races I downloaded prior the new version. Again, thanks for all your help.

Phil
OK Phil. If I understand you correctly:

- if you worked a card the night before (or say, early in the morning, anyway before scratches)

- if today (say after first scratches are known) you open a race (not re-assemble, just left-click to open a race you previously worked), then in doing so, Scratches do appear marked on the Entries screen HOWEVER lines for scratched horses are not deleted from Analysis screens

- those lines for scratched horses DO get deleted from Analysis screens when you click the Refresh TS Rating/Scratches button (or when you brute-force re-assemble, which we want to avoid)

Did I get that right?

If so, I'll check the routine that applies any fresh Scratches when opening a previously assembled race.

Thanks for clarifying this Phil.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-09-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #54
elocutionist
Grade 3

Ted, that is exactly what happened.
Phil
elocutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #55
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Ted, that is exactly what happened.
Phil
I'm on it Phil. Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #56
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Scratches not properly updating

Re scratches not properly updating after race first assembled - I solved this (programmer error ). Ready for next update, hopefully next week or sooner.

In the meanwhile, please check scratches at Equibase or your ADW and manually mark horses scratched.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #57
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Problems Downloading when database on Drive D

I updated the 'Known Bugs' section of the RDSS2.2 Release Notes, adding the following:

8. If your database is located in another location other than the current or a previous RDSS\Data\ folder (for example C Drive root, or D drive root, or random folder such as C:\Documents, D:\MyStuff etc) - RDSS will not download new PPs from TrackMaster regardless of correct UID/PWD or account in good standing.

Temporary Solution: copy your database file from wherever else it is stored to your c:\RDSS22\Data folder. Open RDSS2.2, use the Data Mgmt Tools button on the RDSS Desktop to Switch databases to the copy you just relocated in your RDSS2.2\Data folder. After successfully switching to this new location of your database and then resuming successful downloads from TrackMaster, you can delete the database in its old location (e.g. Drive D:\) This will be fixed ASAP (then you can resume keeping your RDSS database wherever you like.)

R
DSS -