Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sports
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sports Discussion of all kinds of Team Sports

Old 05-11-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Upcoming Contests 2021

Hello all!

Since I am the sports forum moderator I have thought why not spice things up and introduce new sports handicapping contests where we try to pick the winners and the winner of the contest either receives a prize or just bragging rights!

Here are some major sporting events that are coming up that we as a Pace&Cap Sports group could possibly do in the upcoming months :

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championships 5/21 till 6/6
NHL/Stanley Cup Playoffs Dates TBD
PGA Championship 5/20 till 5/23
NFL Regular Season ATS Week 1 till Week 18
Baseball/World Series Playoffs Dates TBD
NBA Playoffs/Championship Dates TBD

Just want your thoughts on what I should do for contests and if you wanted any input of your own of what to possibly include

Note above are just suggestions and NOT what I am planning on doing just FYI

Thanks

Conley
Old 05-12-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
rmath
Grade 1

Contsets

Conley it is my understanding that P & C is a horse racing site.
If you want to have contests for other sports my suggestion is to go to the RX site as they cover all sports.
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Couldn't agree more Rich. If the site is going to turn into sports betting contest instead of what it was created for then I'll stop putting in time posting picks and sharing what little knowledge I have to share.
Tim
Old 05-12-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
gandalf380
Grade 1

Rmath, will all due respect, I have to disagree. Conley is the moderator of the Sports Forum on this site. I see nothing wrong with him trying to drum up interest in his section. No one is forced to take part in any of his contests, or for that matter, even read the sports forum.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Conley it is my understanding that P & C is a horse racing site.
If you want to have contests for other sports my suggestion is to go to the RX site as they cover all sports.
Rmath
Well I am the sports moderator so I kind of need to keep things rolling

I understand that this is a horse racing site and not full devoted to sports but we have got to add new ideas into the mix and welcome new people who may like sports here on Pace and Cap

You can like it or ignore it plane and simple I am not forcing anyone to do anything just wanted to make things better for everyone
Old 05-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Couldn't agree more Rich. If the site is going to turn into sports betting contest instead of what it was created for then I'll stop putting in time posting picks and sharing what little knowledge I have to share.
Tim
LT

You know I would never turn this website who you have devoted your time into a sports forum

I am just adding something new so that it isn't all just horse racing all the time
not saying that I hate it it's just that people do like sports betting and I was happy that Ted and Bill V added it so that people could actually participate and try new things

I have no business on RX since I was banned for "touting" and this is my last resort to have a forum of which I am not banned

I am sorry to upset everyone it's just that I want to show Ted and Bill that I can be a good moderator and come up with new ideas without any negativity
Old 05-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #7
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Rmath, will all due respect, I have to disagree. Conley is the moderator of the Sports Forum on this site. I see nothing wrong with him trying to drum up interest in his section. No one is forced to take part in any of his contests, or for that matter, even read the sports forum.
So true gandalf!

Yes I am not forcing anyone to play contests or even look at this part of the forum I am just adding a piece of me and letting others join if they do so please

I could just ask Ted to delete this is everyone is offended by it but I would appreciate it if we could just all get along and make things work out
Old 05-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #8
rmath
Grade 1

Conley you asked for our thoughts on this AND I put in my thoughts.
I was not expecting to get my A-- chewed out. So for what it is worth I will stop posting and let you take over.
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #9
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Conley you asked for our thoughts on this AND I put in my thoughts.
I was not expecting to get my A-- chewed out. So for what it is worth I will stop posting and let you take over.
Rmath
I was not chewing you out I was just explaining that I would like to continue with posting in the sports forum and ask for input on the contest not on whether the sports forum should exist or not

I thought you liked my football contests and did appreciate you putting in your picks so you can still continue if you want no one is forcing

Take care and hopefully you can come back
Old 05-12-2021, 07:42 PM   #10
teb21
Grade 1

I enjoy both the thoroughbred and the sports betting threads. It is not an either/or with me. Both are interesting and fun.
teb21 is offline   Reply With Quote