Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #101
mick
Abiding Student

Saratoga is a beautiful town in a beautiful part of upstate NY with lots to see. During the race meet, however, it's expensive to stay there, around $400/night for a hotel room. If that's not an issue for you and your wife, by all means, stay in Saratoga.

Most of us, though, being the degenerate horseplayers we are, opt for hotel rooms in North Albany, which are about half the price. There are several hotels near the airport and a favorite is the Desmond. Sartin folks have been gathering there since the 1980's. From North Albany, it's a short, easy drive up to Saratoga, about 30 minutes via Interstate 87.

As far as shopping and the sights in Saratoga, one of the best people to ask on P&C is gandolf380 (aka Charlie Bedard).

I'm flying in Thursday afternoon, August 15, and flying out Monday, August 19. I expect many of the P&C folks will be doing something similar. If you want to make a real vacation of it, stay longer and plan some day-trips. Lake George is just north of Saratoga. Vermont is less than an hour due east. You'll cross the Mohawk River on the drive north, which is part of the Erie Canal. Lots to see and do.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #102
mnl97
Broke Down

Thanks Mick for the information.
mnl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #103
Ted Craven
Grade 1

mnl - looks like we still have some seats at the group tables. Just show up at the FourStarDave restaurant at the track and look for the computers Alternately, if you are staying at or near the Desmond in Albany, on Thursday evening a bunch of us are gathering there for drinks, dinner and celebration. The seating tickets should be available then.

Here are the prices: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=66

Lots of experienced users will be there, so if you're wanting to get back up to speed with the Methodology, you'll come to the right place! Looking forward to meeting you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #104
Bill V.
The egg man

So welcome

Hello MLN97 (name)

My brother and sister in law came last year, They will be there again with me,
They have so much fun and they are not bettors. You wife will have plenty of fun.

You will be very welcomed This year looks to be a great one as we celebrate 10 years.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #105
mnl97
Broke Down

Saratoga

Guys
I have reservations at the Desmond for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Will be coming alone. Is there anything special that I should bring?
Old 07-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #106
rmath
Grade 1

Room

MNL97, I have a room reserved for the same days as you.
There are two queen beds.
So if you are interested in sharing a room and saving half the room rent let me know.
Phone# 330-627-4097
or email me at
rmathie@live.com

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #107
mnl97
Broke Down

MNL97 Info

My name is Mike Lovell I'm 69. Live in Northeast Texas in a small Community called West Mountain where i raise a few Angus Cattle. Married to Becca for 39 years. I bet on the horses in the late 90's. I purchased the Sartin products available at the time. I never really fully understood the concept but did have some success with the product. 20+ years later I went to LAD for the Derby simulcast. Enjoyed it very much and decided to learn to handicap. The right way. The first thing I did was to Google Sartin. Boy was I impressed and here I am.
I look forward to meeting you guys and observing how the pros bet and handicap with RDSS 2.

Will guys be handicapping tracks other than Saratoga. If so what tracts should I work with to be in tune with the others.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:57 AM   #108
Mitch44
Grade 1

Welcome aboard Mike.

If you hook up with Richie (rmath) for the room he can greatly get you on the correct path as he is a winner.

Saratoga is a beautiful track but they tend to favor young horses such as 2 yr. old's, turf races with many first time starters and MSW, so betting another track really depends on the card itself. If there are playable races and just a couple unplayable than that's a good time to socialize, tour the track' shops etc. and if a poor card than the time to look elsewhere.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #109
mnl97
Broke Down

Tks Mitch44. Richie and I will b sharing a room.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #110
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Updated Attendance List

Here is an update on who has confirmed publicly (or expressed strong intent):

Ted Craven
Barb Craven
Mitch44 & wife
Bill Varone
Mowens33
Swifty0x0 + 1
gandalf380 (Charlie B & wife Missy)
Mick
Lt1 & wife
Hypnotist
atkinsrr
Richie P
rdiam (Richard D)
rmath (Richard M)
Dr Z (Bill Ziemba)
mnl97 (Mike L)
mtrager (Mike T) +2

Here are the costs for seating at the PaceandCap tables in the Four Star Dave restaurant - based on 5 people per table:

Friday & Sunday - $18 each day
Saturday (Alabama Stakes Day) - $25

If you are coming for all 3 days, the cost is $60. Friday & Saturday - $43.

Ticket costs do not include General Admission (usually between $3 - $5 and maybe include a program). If you are near the Desmond Hotel in Albany on Thursday evening August 15, you can get them there from one of us. Otherwise, head to the Four Star Dave restaurant and let an attendant know to fetch someone (me, Mum, Charlie) from the tables to deliver you your ticket and welcome you to the gang!

If anyone else is planning to come and wants to sit at these tables, please say so here or write me privately.

This is shaping up to be the biggest gathering of the past 10 years! We'll have to have an anniversary cake!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-13-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote