Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > PaceAdvantage.com 2014 Contest Series - Sponsored by RDSS! > PaceAdvantage.com 2013 Contest Series > 2012
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2012 A series of 8 Contests leading to 'Handicapper of the Year' - RDSS is the series sponsor with over $8000 Cash and Data prizes

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

GapFire ROI Challenge - Contest - Jan 18 - Feb 26

GAPFIRE.COM R.O.I. CHALLENGE - PRIZES + RULES + MORE

presents

CONTEST 3

THE GAPFIRE.COM

R.O.I. CHALLENGE

JANUARY 18, 2012 - FEBRUARY 26, 2012
RUNS WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY EACH WEEK
PLAYER'S CHOICE FOR TRACKS

FREE ENTRY CONTEST

$500.00 CASH + MERCHANDISE PRIZES

P.A.C.S PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINTS

1st Place - $250.00
Plus Dr. Jim Park's ebook "Logical Longshots"
& a 1 year Gapfire.com Membership

Winner's Trophy sponsored by ASD

“3 months Unlimited RDSS data including Result Charts and Past Performances,
value $449.95 each
(RDSS custom data by TrackMaster) along with a
complimentary RDSS software subscription
for the same 3 month period
($30/quarter, $100/year).
Plus 2 hours of direct one-on-one mentoring
Total Value $480.00 ...”

2nd Place - $150.00

3rd Place - $100.00

*Note: All Cash Prizes are payable via PayPal

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-17-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Contest Rules

RULES & OBJECTIVES

OBJECTIVES

1. To accumulate the highest Return on Investment (R.O.I.) over time based on successful Win and Place wagers.

RULES

1. Wagers may be made at any thoroughbred race track in North America with posted entries and results at Equibase (www.equibase.com).

2. Selections are allowed on race days from Wednesday to Sunday only, unless specified otherwise. (ie. Canadian and American Holidays)

3. All wagers are $2.00 Win/Place bets.

4. Players may make a maximum of three bets per day. (only 1 betting interest per race)

5. A scratched selection counts as no action (no bet).

6. A cancelled race counts as no action (no bet).

7. To place an "official play" and receive credit for the results the play must be posted at least one full minute prior to the "official off time" as stated at Equibase. All posts are time stamped.

8. If the time stamp and the "official off time" are the same, or later, and your selection "loses", your selection will count as an official play as your intention was clear.

9. If a selection ends up being No Action, the player may post a new selection to take its place.

10. An entry selection must be explicitly stated as such or the posted play will be scored as stated. (ie. Entry of #1 and #1A will be scored as such if posted as #1/#1A ~ if you post only part of the entry and that selection scratches, you will have no action (no bet) for that race.

11. Further to entries, if you post only part of the entry (ie. 1A) and the other half of the entry actually wins or places, the player shall be awarded similar to what would take place at the race track. The purpose of the Entry Rule is to protect the player from late scratches.

12. It is recommended that when placing your bet, you state the number and name of the entry. The name of the entry will supersede the number in case of discrepancy.

13. The contest runs from January 18th, 2012 to February 26th, 2012 (6 weeks). Players must make a minimum of 30 wagers during the contest period to be considered an official entry and qualify for Prizes and P.A.C.S. Points.

14. The moderators or their designate will have the final say on any challenge or amendment to the rules. The contest is intended to be played in good faith!

15. Only one entry per household is allowed.

R
DSS -
Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

CONTEST DATES

JANUARY 18, 2012 - FEBRUARY 26, 2012

RUNS WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY EACH WEEK
PLUS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH -- PRESIDENTS' DAY

TOTAL PLAYABLE DAYS = 31
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYS = 93
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYS TO QUALIFY = 30

Like all of this year's Contests, this takes place at PaceAdvantage.com
Please check this page for the daily location for your Contest Picks:

--> HERE <--

R
DSS -
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Go here to record your Contest Picks:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=72

Best of luck and skill to all Players!

R
DSS -
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Gapfire
Maiden

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to invite all Paceandcap members to join this contest. It has a slightly different format that promised to be a lot of fun.

I'd also like to thank Ted for his great support of this Contest Series.

All the best,

Kevin
Gapfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Gapfire Contest Strategy?

Thanks Kevin for checking in, and good luck with the Contest. If anyone here uses the Gapfire figs, either alone or in concert with other tools, please feel free to comment about them here.

I am trying to come up with a Contest playing strategy which recognizes often limited time to handicap. I must handicap 20-30 races many days each week in the course of working on RDSS2, though most times it is either after the fact or at least not right at bet-time, which is when I prefer to bet when I am working seriously.

But in this contest, with up to 3 picks per day over 31 days, and no penalty to the bankroll for underperforming - there would seem to be no downside to at least picking 3 bets in a day that seem to be overlays and putting them in the Contest thread for that day. Especially since it can be a track of your choice, day or evening. (Note: this contrasts with the upcoming RDSS Sartin/Bradshaw Memorial Contest, where you may only bet a % or bankroll each day, up to 3 races/day, 30 races max including some mandatory Derby Prep Stakes).

My PAIHL teammates seem to have determined that I excel at dirt routes as a category , so I might use this contest to specialize in dirt routes at some of my favourite winter tracks.

Comments, advice?

Very best wishes to all!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Forgive me, but a few quick questions please ?

1. Is this where you use the best 30 wagers ,(which is also the minimum wagers needed to qualify, right?), out of a possible 93 wagers, yes or no?

2. Is this a contest where picking longshots will make you a winner or picking winners is what will make you a contender here, tough question I know, but ROI , to me is the "Return on Investment", so if you bet 30 times at 60.00, the one with thew highest return wins, so if 1 guys returns 150 on 60 with 12 winners and another returns 250 on 60 , but only won 6 races, this guy would win, yes or no.

3. If you wager everyday , would this lower your Investment part of the ROI, same as #1 question I guess, sorry

Again thanks all involved

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
cdax
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Forgive me, but a few quick questions please ?

1. Is this where you use the best 30 wagers ,(which is also the minimum wagers needed to qualify, right?), out of a possible 93 wagers, yes or no?

2. Is this a contest where picking longshots will make you a winner or picking winners is what will make you a contender here, tough question I know, but ROI , to me is the "Return on Investment", so if you bet 30 times at 60.00, the one with thew highest return wins, so if 1 guys returns 150 on 60 with 12 winners and another returns 250 on 60 , but only won 6 races, this guy would win, yes or no.

3. If you wager everyday , would this lower your Investment part of the ROI, same as #1 question I guess, sorry

Again thanks all involved

patrick

I think the answer to #1 is no. You are looking for your return on a minimum of 30 races.

I'm with you on #2 and 3. It's return on investment, make more money than anyone else and spend less doing it. As to #3, playing more races INCREASES your investment (not lower), the return percentage would decrease due to spending more.

That's the way I see it.

If you can bet all 93 races and end up with the same winners and same roi if you just bet 30, then I should bet 3 races everyday.

I'm gonna try to make each pick count.

Chris
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

One thing I see is that since you can pick and post 1 race at a time, up to 1 minute before Official Off Time, you can watch the odds and possibly choose between, say, your Top 3, that 1 horse which is 'optimal' odds, for which you'll get Win and Place mutuel earnings.

I rarely bet only 1 horse, so perhaps preparing to bet 3 races per day and often going with your 2nd or 3rd best horse (depending on bet-time odds) will gradually accumulate sufficient mutuels to to make it worthwhile to bet rather more races than fewer races (i.e. 60-90 races total, rather than just the minimum).

Like Chris, I see making every bet count. It could be tough though, in that sometimes the 1 horse to pick is a horse you're pretty sure will not Win, but rather is a perfect counter-energy horse, and either overlooked at long odds or elevated due to extreme favouritism of another horse (and a horse you would naturally include in an exacta bet if that bet type were permitted in this contest).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
rmath
Grade 1

Ted asked if anyone was using the Gap Fire numbers.
I have been using them in combination with RDSS & New Pace numbers. I was going to wait until I had at least 200 races before I listed my findings. But I would like to share what I have so far.
Many of you know that I have been in first place for the last couple of weeks in the Pic 4 contest at AQU. I have only used these numbers in combination at Aqu, so I do not know how they will hold up at other tracks.
In 141 races: 135 wins were in the top 4 ratings of at least one of these 3 ratings.
114wins .809 were rated on 2 or more of these 3 ratings.
I have been using these double rated horses in my pic 4 tickets and have hit several
times. Many other times I have had at least 3 winners on my tickets.
I have rarely bet Pic 3s or Pic 4s , I concentrate on win betting most of the time.
But after seeing what some of these pic 3 & 4s are paying, especially when 2 or 3 are short priced favorites are included in them I may start playing some of them.
I hope this info helps some of you. If nothing else it may help you to separate your final contenders. Dave Schwartz gave me this idea of combining 2 or 3 different methods in his workshop on using the double Monty.
Good luck to all and if you find another combination that improves this one : then share it with all of us.
God Bless,
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote