Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Discussion and Member Contributions
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Discussion and Member Contributions Member Contributions and Discussions

Old 02-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Dorianmode
always learning

2/4/12 request for old wagering software / programming language

Good news. I found my old Sharp 5500III, and 1350 hand-held computers. AND I found the interface/tape recorder available on eBay. Now I just need a copy of the old cassette tapes that the wagering tools were put on, back in the late 80's, and I can either do a "list" to get at the programming language, or just poke around in the programming and pull out the programming lines. They were written in the (ancient) BASIC programming language. Does anyone have, or know anyone who might have, a set of those old tapes ? I would be willing to pay for them.

When I get the programs transfered back into the hand-helds, I can reconstruct the tools, put them into Google/Excel spread sheet, and post them, so folks can open them as operational programs and use them.

There were a number of useful tools...
..an algorhythm for determining approximate odds in the place pool,
..tools for overlays on the place and show pools,
..an algorhythm for calculating the EXACT odds in the win pool. ((you'd be suprised how much different they actually are, relatively,(in some cases), than the posted odds))
..a dutching calculator for 2 and 3 horses
..lots of other things I don't recall
.. many of Doc early programs, (including Q-scan for quarter horses) were available for the 1350

(all were dependant on an initial entry of the track you are playing's "take out", so they were very accurate)

When I construct the spread sheet, I can aso add entry cells to calculate some of the useful formulas Huey Mahl talked about in Follou UP's 2 and 3, (for use in determining your minimum break even #'s, etc,)

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
gfnut
Grade 1

Hi Dori

Here is a list of programs I have for the Sharp 1350

Phase III
Pargenerator
Ultra Scan
Phase I
Combo Scan
Synergism II
Contender Scan

Tom
gfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Dorianmode
always learning

2/7/12 Oh my goodness ... I found it.

I just found a cassette tape with the wagering tools. I entered it into the Sharp 5500III, and they WORK ! ... so I can "list" them, print it, and get at the programming.

They include :

a. tool for entering track takeout, breakage, -->> exact odds
b. probable pays in show pool
c. various betting payoff calculators
d. Kelly Criterion calculator
e. a simple Quarter horse feet/sec calculator
f. a calculator for "place dutching" two horses in the place pool,
g. a calculator for probable pay outs in the place pool
h. a calculator for overlays in the exacta pools
i. a quick APV/Class calculator
j. a (very) old quick calculator for % E and % L (with input of your own adjustment possible).
k. some simple "bank" and money management tools, including dutching calculators for 2 and 3 horses
l. a calcuator for overlays, (relative to win pool odds) in the place and show pools, (for (THAT) one horse)
m. the "Ziemba" formulas, (from their book)
n. a quick E/L calculator, for % E difference from a known par, model, or horse

Anyway, I'll work on putting them into an Excel Spread Sheet, and Google Spread Sheet, and posting it. Some may find one or more useful.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
SUPERTECH
AlwNW1X

Nice!

Wow, what a nice find!!

Please, check your private message folder
SUPERTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
lsosa54
Grade 1

Dorianmode: Looks like you got pretty busy as I don't think I've seen you post for a couple of months? Was wondering if you got a chance to take a look at the old programs you received from some folks on your Commodore and whether there's a shot at getting the code and maybe getting it into Excel.

Hope you're well.

Thanks.

Lou
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Dorianmode
always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54 View Post
Dorianmode: Looks like you got pretty busy as I don't think I've seen you post for a couple of months? Was wondering if you got a chance to take a look at the old programs you received from some folks on your Commodore and whether there's a shot at getting the code and maybe getting it into Excel.

Hope you're well.

Thanks.

Lou
Am still here. My computer crashed, and I had to get a new one. Am still getting everything installed, and up and running. Which of the old programs are you most interested in ? All the ones I looked at will list. Are there particular formulas, or readouts that you are looking for ?
Sorry for the delay. I also had to temporarily return to work, as one one my former partners became very ill. He's on the mend...but NOW, I like working again ... so...what's an old guy to do ?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
lsosa54
Grade 1

I hear you on the work although I've had too much for the last year and a half!
Bummer about the computer crash - those are no fun. I just picked up an i3 11.6 laptop that I'm going to use as my travel laptop and I'm not looking forward to cleaning out the bloat and installing all my stuff.

I would have some interest in the "scans" - Ultra Scan, Combo Scan, and Contender Scan.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
deepcloser
AlwNW1X

Dorianmode,
Could you please check your private messages. Thanks, Dennis
deepcloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
deepcloser
AlwNW1X

Dorianmode, About Contender Scan, were you successful in transferring the data to Excel or Google Spreadsheets?

GFNut, Would you be willing to share Contender Scan? I can't think of anything I could exchange for it. Is there anything your looking for in exchange?

Thanks,
Dennis
deepcloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcloser View Post
Dorianmode, About Contender Scan, were you successful in transferring the data to Excel or Google Spreadsheets?

GFNut, Would you be willing to share Contender Scan? I can't think of anything I could exchange for it. Is there anything your looking for in exchange?

Thanks,
Dennis
Deepcloser: I guess you unfortunately got nowhere?