Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Sartin Seminar Woodbine July 7

Woodbine has a Sartin Master Seminar, wow, a Dr. too
Attached Images

pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Join me at Woodbine July 7

This is our old friend Tim Y, now a resident of Toronto and working at Woodbine in some capacity or other. (Also known as 46zilzal on PaceAdvantage.com). Whatever people may think of his 'communication skills' here and elsewhere, IMO, the man knows his Sartin Methodology and is well qualified to speak and teach about it.

For the record, I have no involvement with this seminar. However, I will be at Woodbine next Saturday July 7 (perhaps Sunday as well), attending that seminar, and working the races in Champions lounge as usual during the afternoon. Anyone who wants to see RDSS and learn more about the Modern Sartin Methodology in action, or follow up on what they may learn in the above seminar, is welcomed to join me and whomever else shows up for the day. I will bring power bars and cables for computers.

See you there!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thanks Ted,
I remember 46 and wish I could be there to see you guys, I see about finding a load to Toronto, or Buffalo, and maybe sneak up there , but not too likely.

I did not mean my post to sound negative, I just wondered who he was, now I know, and wish I could be there.

Patrick
Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
tom
Grade 1

He mentioned on his site that he is going to focus on the wagering side of things more. I wish I could go, but no passport.

Anyway, nice to see tracks doing things to help people learn the game.
My two cents - WO is my favorite track.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
trotman
Grade 1

Ted, PK, Tom,
There is no doubt TY knows the Sartin Methodology and we crossed paths many times over on PA which I don't frequent any more. TY welcome to TO, but bloom and come out of your opinionated shell, the laws of probability will always be against you, and this is no slight.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

How did it go?

I am curious how it went for those who there this last weekend?

Wis I could be there, but I was out west.

Patrick
Old 07-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Hey Patrick
It was pretty vague, he painted a broad picture of the Sartin methodology but didn't get into the fine details. His thoughts on betting were basic and i didn't take alot from it, mind you he only had an hour or so to convey all of this so he kept it simple. You didn't miss much except for some coffee and cookies, both Ted and I missed out on the $50 giveaways.

They will post the seminar on the Woodbine site eventually if you want to watch it.

http://www.woodbineentertainment.com...narVideos.aspx

Other than that it was a fun day at Woodbine.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thanks , nice videos in there, great stuff

Patrick
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
trotman
Grade 1

Hoof 11 good report. I wanted to go but every year around this time I'm in a golf tournament that supports family members with cancer to help them pay the extra bills. It's dear to my heart for many reasons and to listen to TY spout off very vague about the Methodology is far down the list. RDSS is IMO a very logical method for picking winners, though I do not believe in betting 2 horses per race as per the 1st edition of Pace Makes The Race. But I will say which I have steadfastly stood by is numbers are numbers and ratings are ratings the key is the pacelines you select and forming a proper oddsline based on that. I am a heavy bettor based on when I feel the public is wrong and this is my way of going and is probably spot play at it's pinnacle as I believe the public though very good like us is wrong more times than right. And check it out from Doust to Taulbot to Sartin to the vast majority of opinionated experts that came later only Doust, Taulbot and Sartin out front said you will be up against it. I have always believed we are the engine of change and in other things that may be okay but predicting the outcome of a race we have no chance if we are in the adjusting mode, because it's a variable with no conclusive result. I do get myself into trouble now and then because I have opinions but I do believe what I bring to the table is straight goods, no selling of product but just putting out what I have learned over 40 years. The greatest experience is when the light goes on, not cashing a ticket.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
joseph
AlwNW1X

trotman,
Excellent, paceline selection is the KEY.

In addition, Class Rating, Race Rating, and Prime Power Ratings from Brisnet are supporting data.

Pace versus these factors points out Value Plays

Incuding measures for speed at the track and distance ratings sets parameters for the Pace versus other ratings.

Who wins that battle produces value plays.

Players who cannot merge the same data on multiple programs do this because of different paceline selection, perhaps limited by ability of the program to choose two types of varying Speed Ratings coupled with an applied point system.

Sartinesque Pacing then gives one photo of projected fininsh while a non photo type of projection is given from data implied in pace but a little more distinct from pace.

I will bet multiple Value Plays on wins and especially on exactas,
yet tifectas and superfectas require resources and much ticket planning
so I will stay with wins and exactas.

It is amazing how hard favorites have in winning their one third of the races.
Yet. without chalk players I have no value plays.

I imagine all players set their own criteria and odds parameters when looking for Value Plays.

It does require a mindset change involving frustration and toleration of ones
weaknesses.
At present I am about halfway there.
Of course, this is not the way for must win mentality players, since you will lose more often than you win but payoffs balance that out.
For me my handicapping weaknesses are worthy challenges for improvement.

Good luck to one and all in your horse racing adventures.
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote