Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

RDSS 2 Update

Ted,

I remember reading somewhere that you intend to release a new 2.0 update for RDSS. I was just wondering what the approximate drop date is.

Also, I downloaded several race cards on Monday, the Gulfstream Park card for that day opened blank. I was informed that RDSS was unable to process data because the card was a simul-cast from South America. I've just looked at the card for Monday March 25th, and we have the same thing. I guess we just have to nix Gulfstream Park on Mondays for the near future.

Thanks
Carl
Dallas4lr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Carl,

It's unfortunate that TrackMaster still produces that Monday RDSS file for GP, since they've known since forever that RDSS does not handle those foreign races (no segmental running times, positions or beaten lengths). They produce ALL the different data product formats at the same for every card file for all their different products (both their own and 3rd parties' such as RDSS), and suppressing one file format out of several is apparently too much work.

I think this has been discussed several times in the past, but I don't know a way to make the software refuse to download some cards in advance.

You can however always simply ask them for a refund for for those Monday GP cards (explain why) and they will happily comply (or just let me know if there's any problem). I think I talked to Dave at TrackMaster on Monday just a few minutes after you did

Re the update - so far it looks like the first week of April. There's a lot involved and I'm still working on a number of things. I will keep everyone posted on how it looks.

In the meanwhile, good luck - there are a lot of great races this weekend!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Ted,

I was wondering how the update was coming along and if we will get it in advance of the Derby.

Its renewal time for me, I will probably send off a postal money order as I did last year. I will email you once I drop it in the box. I was looking at some old emails and was shocked to discover that I came on board in 2007.

I went from Synergism, to HTR(which I really loved), to RDSS. Landed here at paceandcap and never turned back!

Carl
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Carl,

I know I've said this before but it will definitely be next week. Me and a few brave souls are testing it right now and I am updating the documentation and web pages.

I'll roll it out in a few stages: all the existing users within in a few days, then the (growing) list of newcomers waiting for the Evaluation later next week. I have eliminated the need to have RDSS1 around anymore, and don't want to subject the new folks to an unnecessary older version (though you can certainly keep using it if you have it).

And thank you for your persistence with and support of RDSS and the Methodology. You have mentioned some excellent tools there, and so glad you've found PaceandCap to be such a valuable resource to you.

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Telegony
AlwNW1X

Me too

Can't wait to see the latest edition!
Telegony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Giahorse
OC

Angry yes

Yes, I hope before the weekend???/
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sorry guys - I was shooting for today, but found and fixed a bad last minute bug. Just need to make a few short tutorial videos tomorrow morning and it should be up - say mid-day.

Those awaiting the RDSS2 Evaluation 30 day trial should be set up by late in the day or evening if all goes well. (Heads up: you'll need an active TrackMaster RDSS data plan to use RDSS2, even a 'Pay-as-you-go' is fine. But there's lots of free databases to investigate).

I'll be writing everyone and making an announcement online.

Thanks for your patience

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
Giahorse
OC

Talking Great

Thanks Ted Can not wait to see whats been added?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Good to hear you fixed the bug.

I'd let you know what's in the new version but there's no fun in that, but i can tell you it's Ted's best work to date. Some new, some old, and it runs like butter!

Well worth the wait.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
Good to hear you fixed the bug.

I'd let you know what's in the new version but there's no fun in that, but i can tell you it's Ted's best work to date. Some new, some old, and it runs like butter!

Well worth the wait.
Hey Hoof,

I don't appreciate you coming in my thread and teasing us all, lol!

Actually, I glad to hear you speaking so highly of this version. That is the cool thing I love about RDSS; is your ability to see the program evolving with meaningful updates.