Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
horsestuff
AlwNW1X

Question MUG ?? screen #4 or #8 ??

hi guys. i am using spec160 and i have been looking at the MUG on Screen #4 and comparing it to the Readout of the MUG on Screen #8 Summary and they seem to be different at times... would someone please give me some insight as to what and why ?? .. and it there something else as far as a readout that supports the MUG directly ?? thank you in advance mjm

Last edited by horsestuff; 12-13-2008 at 11:00 AM.
horsestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
horsestuff
AlwNW1X

maybe i didn't ask clearly enuf

hi guys.. lots of looks at the ??? but no response as yet...

what i was asking is why are the resulting order of the MUG sometimes different from Screen #4 and Screen #8 ...

shouldn't the MUG stay consistant???

please and thank you .. mjm
Old 12-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Michael,

The MUG column on the #8 Summary screen shows the (Incremental) Match Up Graph rankings from the #3 screen (right-hand panel = F3+Total Pace); not the #4 screen Match Up Showing Computed Beaten Lengths (CBL, 3rd column: Final).

The IMUG (right-hand panel) has a much stronger F3 component than the CBL, Final which shows only the Dream Race average velocity from start to finish (i.e. True Speed), expressed as difference from best in Beaten Length units. These 2 readouts will differ in rank order in some co-relation to the strength of the F3 component (which is not a part of the CBL/Final readout.)

Hope that helps. (Good to see your post - hope all is well down your way! Thanks for all your support over the years - to Guy, and to Speculator.)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
horsestuff
AlwNW1X

@ ted

ted.. yes thank you.. that makes sense .. i also noticed after a closer look that the #4 MUG related very closely to the bl/bl ranks (99% of the time) ... well back to studying the readouts... thanx again for the support of my .. mjm