Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 05-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #11
Latekick
Grade 1

LOL! The Churchill races were more of too see how others saw the race, but one can never stop learning! Thanks for the kind words Bill.

And actually, the $5,000 was the total prize pool that was to be split up between the top 10 finishers or so. 2nd got $500, 3rd got $300, so on etc.. So i actually bring home only $1,000 of total $5,000 while the rest is split up between the next 9 players. But hey, IM NOT COMPLAINING, i'll take $1,000 on a Wed night! Thanks for the words Bill, happy Derby week!
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #12
mowens33
Grade 1

Latekick, that's Great news!

You get a lot of very good handicappers on that site. Good to see all the time and effort you put in is paying off!!

Making Pace and Cap Proud!!!

Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33 View Post
Latekick, that's Great news!

You get a lot of very good handicappers on that site. Good to see all the time and effort you put in is paying off!!

Making Pace and Cap Proud!!!

Mike
Thank you Mowens! Yes the competition on there is pretty tough, lots of NHC players and high rollers. The win last night gave me a birth to the 50k game on Preakness day as well. That would be nice to win as well.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Grant, allow me to express my admiration and pride at what you have accomplished! You are an example of: dive in, ask questions, steady, steady, keep records, learn more, ACT, reflect, refine - keep on keeping on.

A lesson and inspiration for us all - may you go all the way. When you qualify for the NHC, I will fly to Vegas to watch, regardless of whether I'm playing or not!

I wonder if folks realize you are only 20 years old, have been at this seriously (with RDSS) for 3 years, and are simultaneously pursuing a college education ...

Proof that the game is so easy

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #15
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Grant, allow me to express my admiration and pride at what you have accomplished! You are an example of: dive in, ask questions, steady, steady, keep records, learn more, ACT, reflect, refine - keep on keeping on.

A lesson and inspiration for us all - may you go all the way. When you qualify for the NHC, I will fly to Vegas to watch, regardless of whether I'm playing or not!

I wonder if folks realize you are only 20 years old, have been at this seriously (with RDSS) for 3 years, and are simultaneously pursuing a college education ...

Proof that the game is so easy

Ted
Ted, thank you for the kind words. Its always good when hard work pays off and as you said i have prided myself on asking questions, keeping records, learning from you and others, acting, reflecting, and refining. I believe anyone can achieve success with dedication and discipline to what you mentioned.

Hopefully, at the end of next year me and you both will be on a plane on the way to Vegas Ted! That was awesome to read and means a lot coming from you.

Love this stuff, thanks Ted.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #16
The Pook
Grade 1

Congratulations Latekick!

You have come a long way and may you continue your way to the Championships.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #17
Latekick
Grade 1

Appreciate it Pook!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #18
Latekick
Grade 1

Derby week comes to an end, and once again it did not disappoint. I could write about Cathryn Sophia and Nyquist here, but I'm sure majority of you have already gotten the chance to read the hundreds of articles on websites about the two winners.
I wanted to quickly just chime in and say that Nyquist may be the real deal, and i am looking forward to see who he will have to face in the preakness.

It was a successful week that started with a win in the 5k Wednesday game. Oaks day was also good to me, where i was able to bank $300 in a small cash game i decided to take part in. Derby day was a little rough, i made two crucial mistakes in my contest that cost me the games. I was able to rebound however today, and close out this derby week on another positive note. Got the win in a $600 cash game today and finish the week in high spirits. Im qualified for the 50k game Preakness day and i cannot wait for that. With only 2 weeks before then, i will be focusing on smaller contest in order to stay sharp and make the mistakes i can learn from and bring with me into the 50k game in 2 weeks. A good week, and a good Sunday. Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there!
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #19
Jeebs
Grade 1

I've had some bad luck with RDSS in contests, especially in larger buy-in, larger field tournaments. I don't know if it's paceline selection or if it is just the nature of the Sartin method... I struggle in particular with turf racing. Races where there are horses trying turf first time ever or first time in ages or stretching out from turf sprints to routes are an Achilles heel. Since it's a contest, I can't just "pass" these races. Same with races where there are horses coming back off long layoffs or their best races were before a long layoff. Just seems out of my comfort zone. Advice is appreciated.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #20
gandalf380
Grade 1

Nice going Grant.