Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 05-09-2016, 04:47 PM   #21
Lt1
Grade 1

Wow Grant you are really going great guns. Keep up the great work.
Tim
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #22
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I've had some bad luck with RDSS in contests, especially in larger buy-in, larger field tournaments. I don't know if it's paceline selection or if it is just the nature of the Sartin method... I struggle in particular with turf racing. Races where there are horses trying turf first time ever or first time in ages or stretching out from turf sprints to routes are an Achilles heel. Since it's a contest, I can't just "pass" these races. Same with races where there are horses coming back off long layoffs or their best races were before a long layoff. Just seems out of my comfort zone. Advice is appreciated.
Jeebs if you PM me i will give you a few things i've learned to review and work on based on what you pointed out. This was also a problem of mine when i started with contest but i have learned to incorporate strategies into MY handicapping and selections in order to manipulate certain things in order to get a payoff.
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Wow Grant you are really going great guns. Keep up the great work.
Tim
Tim and Charlie thank you! Hopefully i can keep this rolling.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latekick View Post
Jeebs if you PM me i will give you a few things i've learned to review and work on based on what you pointed out. This was also a problem of mine when i started with contest but i have learned to incorporate strategies into MY handicapping and selections in order to manipulate certain things in order to get a payoff.
THIS is just a picture for Jeebs to view with regards to a PM i sent him to answer some questions and give some advice.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #25
barb craven
Grade 1

I was just made aware of this, May I offer my congratulations too Grant. Going forward may you stay on top.
Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #26
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
I was just made aware of this, May I offer my congratulations too Grant. Going forward may you stay on top.
Barb
Thank you very much Barb!
Old 07-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #27
Latekick
Grade 1

Its been a bit of time since my last post here but i assure you that i am constantly reading through this site and seeing what all of you have to say. I've been quite busy with my own contest and cash play this past month which is why it was hard for me to find time to stop in here and write. I set a goal for myself to make $2,000 in a month playing small contest on derby wars, and i am very happy to say i did reach my goal and then some! I cashed in 20 of the 32 games i played. Cashing at 63% for the month is something i am very proud of, but i know i can get more wins. I am learning from a few careless mistakes that cost me a victory.

Hopefully i see some of you from here on the various contest sites that are offered and if you see my name in there feel free to let me know your there in the chat! Its finally time for some great summer racing and i am looking forward to seeing how everyone is going to be playing this summer.
Hopefully it will be a profitable and successful few months!

Attached is my months worth of finishes.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #28
JimG
Grade 1

Very Impressive! Hat's off to you.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #29
Latekick
Grade 1

Hat's off to Ted and all of you who keep this methodology alive and continue to educate!
Old 07-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #30
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Congratulations Grant, steady progress! $2000 is real money. Your skills are real!

My hat is off to everyone who is able to make a go of Contest play

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote