Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #101
tleusin
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to tleusin
Thanks

Thank you for that quick reply. Will start the steps now
tleusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #102
Jeebs
Grade 1

How's the development/bug squishing of "Part 2" coming along?
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #103
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I expect a RDSS 2.1 update which reinstates ProfitLine (and adds much other stuff) sometime later in May.

Ted
For sure. I haven’t been able to properly access Profit Line etc. for months now. Late May was the latest projection for when these connection problems would be cleared up. It is now mid June. I am subscribed to the all tracks package and so am paying good change for the info every month. I would like to have all the tools available to me and the ability to auto record results for easier record keeping etc. I am sure it is a lot of work but like I stated it is now half way through June.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #104
Ted Craven
Grade 1

What can I say!? Issues come up. I am still working on the next version, it will get released. It will have what was promised. I prefer to not release it before things work right, before most vexing problems fixed.

I think you got an interim update which got you back in business on your Mac, proof I hope that I have not been totally sitting on my ass (though that indeed is what I do all day long while working ).

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there are still several issues. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #105
Jeebs
Grade 1

I'm not a programmer, and have little experience with code, but is it possible that certain aspects of Powerbuilder/SQL and/or Trackmaster files/Brisnet not "friendly" with what you're trying to accomplish? Just thinking that if there's a newer interface or language out there that's possibly less problematic with the factors at play, perhaps it is worth exploring at a future date, especially if RDSS continues to be your long term focus.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Most programs have some sort of bugs anyway, most of which go unseen by the naked eye. Just throwing my two cents out there. Not trying to stir up ****.

Tim
Old 06-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #106
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Is it possible to outsource some work to somebody else? I mean, I'd even be willing to donate money to get features added - I imagine there would be enough interest in getting new features added and/or having somebody expedite updates that we might be able to pool together donation money to make it happen. Please keep in mind I have no idea whatsoever how much this type of work costs so I'm probably highly underestimating it.

Just a thought - Thank you for all the work you do, Ted.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #107
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweshow View Post
Is it possible to outsource some work to somebody else? I mean, I'd even be willing to donate money to get features added - I imagine there would be enough interest in getting new features added and/or having somebody expedite updates that we might be able to pool together donation money to make it happen. Please keep in mind I have no idea whatsoever how much this type of work costs so I'm probably highly underestimating it.

Just a thought - Thank you for all the work you do, Ted.
Or, have two versions. A "bare bones" version kind of like Val4/Spec160, but without tote, Rx, PowerLine, etc, and an enhanced version with tote access and other bells and whistles. If someone wants the "deluxe" edition, they could pay extra for your sweat equity. As it is, the $150/year is quite generous, so I'd imagine that many RDSS users would have no issue paying extra for the added features. I'm sure that there are people content with not using extras and like keeping things simple. Don't overextend yourself, Ted. It will all work out in the end!

Tim
Old 06-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #108
Dorianmode
always learning

Please correct me if I'm wrong .. if you have a Twin Spires account, and can sign in to their site, you can access Profit Line for free. Just look at the race. To the right of ML, and odds .. there is a red arrow. Under it is the number from the race for that horse for PL. It's not quite as convenient as getting it the way we did in RDSS, but it's a temporary fix I've been using since Derby Day.

Thanks Ted for all you do. You've turned my racing into a fun, winning, very profitable hobby.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #109
gandalf380
Grade 1

PL problem?

Pook
I found that if you access PL you get an error message. Ignore that and you can then save your data automatically. the only problem is that rx3 is messed up. However, I found that at Belmont the 3 Rx's are virtually identical in their predictive value so it is no great loss for me but I am able to save all the info automatically.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #110
Lt1
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong .. if you have a Twin Spires account, and can sign in to their site, you can access Profit Line for free. Just look at the race. To the right of ML, and odds .. there is a red arrow. Under it is the number from the race for that horse for PL. It's not quite as convenient as getting it the way we did in RDSS, but it's a temporary fix I've been using since Derby Day.

Thanks Ted for all you do. You've turned my racing into a fun, winning, very profitable hobby.
You are correct. I sign in everyday and get the PL numbers then go to the RX 3
screen and manually note the ranks. Works just fine for me and since I don't use a spread sheet to record what I model I don't have a problem.
Tim