Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 05-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

My biggest WIN SCORE ever doing the Matchup!

Just got to share some good news with my fellow matchers! Gulfstream Race 9 today...had it down to the #3 and #9. #3 is odds-on. #9 opens at 20-1. I relook at the #9...he is running at $16,500 claiming, up from $6250. That explains it. But the odds are drifting higher approaching 35-1! Geez what kind of a stinker am I looking at here? Relook again. NO.... my matchup process points to him along with the 3. Bet the #9 because he is a fighter. Watch the replay and you will see him fighting at the top of the stretch. Highest WIN SCORE ever with the matchup! I go 4 for 4 today. Makes up for all the crap days of which there are quite a few.

Pook

P.S. If you can't get excited when this happens as a Matcher you might as well not play. Doesn't compare with Mike's $10,000 Pick 5's but I bet win only.
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
KBROD
Grade 1

damn pook. nice....i did a race last night..i use the basics from rdss...pic a line then use bris avg pace numbers..i use it all in my head..dont have the rdss system.i use what i read and learned from all u guys..i posted the race in pregame.com..go to forums...then go to other sports..im kbrod...thread is mount race 6....check that out
KBROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
The Pook
Grade 1

KB....NICE TRI! So Matching is working out for you. Great job man!

Pook
Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
KBROD
Grade 1

its a commitment,i start using this match up stuff but want to go with what i use to do,i go back and forth, but it just messes me up so i commit to just this..its fun. someday i wish to use this whole rdss system..it seems u need dedication and stricted rules to follow..for now i will just keep doing what im doingand learn from u guys and the library
KBROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #5
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Pook the Man

WOW,WOW,WOW and more WOW, congrats bud that must feel sweet.
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
polambi
Grade 1

Great catch Pook!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #7
mowens33
Grade 1

Pook, nice score! That will make your day!!

KB, haven't looked at it yet, but I will check it out.

Nice Job!!!

Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #8
mowens33
Grade 1

Pook, I notice that you select mutable lines in RDSS, is this your typical matching style?

You have mentioned before that you don’t adjust the pace line, is that the case when you use RDSS?

Thanks, Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #9
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33 View Post
Pook, I notice that you select mutable lines in RDSS, is this your typical matching style?

You have mentioned before that you don’t adjust the pace line, is that the case when you use RDSS?

Thanks, Mike
Mike, most of the time that is true. And I don't adjust. I'm really just trying to match in its purest form as taught by Richie P and The Hat. RP wrote that Hat never looked at just one line. Used others to confirm running styles etc. And he didn't adjust for the most part.

It's all there in the teachings from 6 to 8 years ago. GeorgeC mentioned in his post in another thread about what a great teacher Richie P was. That is so true. He had a knack for explaining all this that I didn't necessarily understand from The Hats books. So I'm trying to get closer to their levels of performance. I am not anywhere near Hats level and may never be, but I'm getting better.

Pook
Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #10
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrod;
damn pook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar View Post
WOW,WOW,WOW and more WOW, congrats bud that must feel sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polambi;
Great catch Pook!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33;
Pook, nice score! That will make your day!!
Thanks for the enthusiasm folks. Its nice to be able to share success with the like-minded. As you all know when doing this stuff right it is a lonely and focused endeavour. Sharing on this forum is good for all of us and helps to raise our games.

Pook