Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2008
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2008 August 17th Please come join us A fun day A chance to meet win and learn

Old 08-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #61
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,Saw your photos and you look great keep it up,hope you have a fun day at the SPA.Jeff
Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #62
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,Maybe you should call this A Day At The Races 2008.The manual A Day At The Races was done at Saratoga which Doc and Jim were part of.Jeff
Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #63
Bill V.
The egg man

Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Bill,Maybe you should call this A Day At The Races 2008.The manual A Day At The Races was done at Saratoga which Doc and Jim were part of.Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff and the nice compliment

Ted and I spoke to Doc yesterday after the last race
we are going to call him between a race later today
He sounds great I bet he had some great times here
People are coming in so our
day at the races 2008 will be great
Bill
Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #64
Jimbo282
Grade 1

Hi everyone !
On my SECOND day of RDSS, I hit 3 exactas with the highest paying $ 71.00. (Thanks Charlie B. for the make believe INQUIRY...lol)
If you think I am redboarding please ask any my 6 witnesses. (Bill Lyster, Ted, Bill V., Charlie B., Mike, Or Bob)
That's 5 exactas in just 2 days of using RDSS. ( I did not record my bets but I honestly think I was 5 for 10).
Am I bragging, NO ! I am just trying to let everyone know who DOES NOT use RDSS how simple it is to use. Trust me when I say that I am computer illeterate. If I can do it anyone can.
With that said, I would like to thank Bill Lyster (my roommate in Saratoga) for helping me and guiding me with RDSS during the time we have spent together here in Saratoga.
I would like to thank Ted for his guidance and his kindness.
I would like to thank Bill V. for putting together a wonderful Pace and Cap day at the races. Great job Bill and Thanks for the Pace and Cap bag of goodies !
I would like to thank Charlie B. for allowing our group the use of his great seats for the Alabama Stakes. That is 1 race I will never forget.

Jimmy Stewart
Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #65
Zaf
Grade 2

Bill & Ted,

Was a pleasure to meet you guys this weekend, lotsa fun !

Bill, thanks for the nice gift !

You guys are class acts !

Darrell
Old 08-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #66
Bill V.
The egg man

Our friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo282 View Post
Hi everyone !
On my SECOND day of RDSS, I hit 3 exactas with the highest paying $ 71.00. (Thanks Charlie B. for the make believe INQUIRY...lol)
If you think I am redboarding please ask any my 6 witnesses. (Bill Lyster, Ted, Bill V., Charlie B., Mike, Or Bob)
That's 5 exactas in just 2 days of using RDSS. ( I did not record my bets but I honestly think I was 5 for 10).
Am I bragging, NO ! I am just trying to let everyone know who DOES NOT use RDSS how simple it is to use. Trust me when I say that I am computer illeterate. If I can do it anyone can.
With that said, I would like to thank Bill Lyster (my roommate in Saratoga) for helping me and guiding me with RDSS during the time we have spent together here in Saratoga.
I would like to thank Ted for his guidance and his kindness.
I would like to thank Bill V. for putting together a wonderful Pace and Cap day at the races. Great job Bill and Thanks for the Pace and Cap bag of goodies !
I would like to thank Charlie B. for allowing our group the use of his great seats for the Alabama Stakes. That is 1 race I will never forget.

Jimmy Stewart
Good morning Jimmy

You did it ... I was real happy for you, I watched you work 3 of the race
and your paceline and contender selection skills are very good
I am sorry for getting a little loud in race 10
The 7 was a binder improver and I love Binder improvers
when they cap off
a dream and a wonderful weekend
working laughing and seeing good people win

I thank you for helping me with the goodie bags

Good skill to you
Bill
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #67
Bill V.
The egg man

Zaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf View Post
Bill & Ted,

Was a pleasure to meet you guys this weekend, lotsa fun !

Bill, thanks for the nice gift !

You guys are class acts !

Darrell
Hi Darrell

It was nice to meet so many of the friends we have made
I am happy you had a good time. Hey I watched you hit two nice races
a nice pick 3 and the late double on Saturday
Good Skill to you
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #68
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, the weekend has come and gone and it was great to meet all the fine folks who dropped by the Pace and Cap table. SaratogaDon and Don E (tazzerbobo) who are each spending the meet in Saratoga, using Val4; Mike W and his wife Eleanor from Toronto; Bill Lyster from Hawaii, Jimmy S (jimbo282) from Louisiana, Bill Varone and Charlie Bedard from Saratoga (for the summer); Zaf from Montreal. Also, RedKnave from Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario visited with us from the PaceAdvantage tables.

After the 8th race on Sunday, we all had a very enjoyable telephone conversation with Doc Sartin, who spoke with several of us all gathered around Bill's microphone and listened to our stories about our triumphs this weekend and reminiscences about various seminars in the past. He reminded us that the Bottom Line/Betting Line had gotten last year's Alabama Stakes winner clearly on top at a good price, and we informed him that we were still (at least) 2 for 2 in that Stakes, as Proud Spell was on top of the heap this year (though at shorter odds).

Bill V made a recording of that conversation and I hope he can clean it up and post it here for all to hear. Bill V may not dwell on it, but during the conversation (and Doc repeated this emphatically to me in a follow up call I made to him after the group conversation), Doc was very grateful that Bill has put in so much hard work and dedicated effort to maintain the website community and faithfully advance Doc's work in the new era.

He also said that Bill was doing a great job at teaching willing students how to use the Methodology tools, and offered Jimmy S (jimbo282) as an example of someone who has benefitted from Bill's guidance. Jimbo told Howard that he had hit 5 or 6 exactas this weekend using Methodology software (RDSS) but that it was likely beginners luck - but Howard reminded him that he could no longer use that excuse past the end of the day, and that by following simple, clear guidelines, he was well on his way to being a winner.

I also told him that my Mom was having great success following similar guidelines and he was very warm in wishing her all the best success.

Howard also mentioned his appreciation for Richie P's work in continuing the Matchup, and his support of Bill and the PaceandCap website.

Thanks Doc for spending a bit of time with us: I know the phone line was sometimes not the best, but we all had a great time! Best health and happiness to you and the family. Hope we can talk again soon!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #69
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Some Sunday photos:

Clockwise: Bill V, Jimbo282, Bill Lyster, Don E (tazzerbobo) who displays his nifty grab-bag of goodies provided by Bill V, including the Pace and Cap T-shirts (see below)

Visitors from the PaceAdvantage tables: OTM Al, Zaf (go Habs!), RedKnave

After our converation with Doc, some of the remianing folks (from left): Ted, Jimbo, Bill L, Mike W, Bill V

Yes, that's a Stetson Hat on the sleeve, reminding us it's just a danged horse-race... (we still have a lot to learn from Hat, and from RichieP)

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-18-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #70
RichieP
Grade 1

Binder Improver

Very cool to put faces to a lot of folks from the pictures! Wish I coulda been there.

Hey Bill V what is this I hear about you nailing the last race BIG priced winner on a "Binder Improver"?? When you get a chance maybe a "step by step" showing how you did it for those of us who couldn't see it live.

Glad to see Howard is hanging tough.