Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

I am so glad that what went on at seminars stays there. Woo had me worried there for
a minute. ha ha ha

Welcome home,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
Lt1
Grade 1

Boy Mitch thank goodness what happened at the seminars is going to stay there lol. We can always it wasn't us but our evil twins.
Tim
Old 02-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Welcome Rhonda! In addition to our emails, I can add that once I was at a Las Vegas seminar in 1993 (the one in the video collection where I had long hair and asked a question and Howard mocked my Canadian accent ) - and one evening I heard a terrible ruckus at the hotel bar (Excalibur?) that I later learned was Hat and Doc (and likely Mitch and Lt. Tim and others) holding forth over excellent libations! For reasons I cannot now remember, I did not join in. But I was there.

Nowadays - it's just us, celebrating sometimes at various Saratoga bars, but with the spirits and memories of Jimmy and Howard never far from our hearts and minds.

Hope you enjoy reconnecting with old friends here. My best to your mother!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #14
HatsGirl
AlwNW1X

Thanks, to all of you "Rowdy Bunch Racers". I was talking to Mom this morning, and reading all the post. Then she started telling me stories, so now, I have plenty.
HatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #15
Lt1
Grade 1

Rhonda you are beginning to become a clear and present danger to the rowdy bunch. We may have to make you take a blood oath to keep our ids safe lol. Hopefully some of our secrets are still safe. Glad to see your mom still remembers this crew.
Tim
Old 02-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #16
barb craven
Grade 1

Hello and welcome Rhonda.
I never met your father, but I feel I know him through Richie P. who was teaching me the ins and outs of handicapping at the time. For many years he regailed me with stories about his phone calls with him with your Mom sitting beside him. . As for all these rowdies on here, having met a lot of them, I can assure you they haven't changed one bit
Old 02-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #17
HatsGirl
AlwNW1X

Smile

Glad to meet you Barb. Yes, I too have not met anyone on this forum. However, I feel I know them all well.
HatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #18
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Rhonda. I got to talk to LeRoi today. We talked for about a 11/2. She sounded great and as sharp as ever. We shared a few laughs and stories. I'm looking forward to many more calls and laughs. Thanks so much for starting this thread.
Tim
Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #19
Mitch44
Grade 1

I received a surprised call today from LeRoi. Apparently she still had my number in her book. What an unexpected surprise it was and made my day.

She is doing really well and is really upbeat. Loves it where she resides while surrounded by friends.
She loved "The Hats" Aodds Gold program when it came out and was good with it. She told me about the time they were at the track and she took the top 3 and ran up and played an EX. It came in and paid over $300. All three horses came in for the Tri. which paid huge as all three were longshots. She said the winner was 65-1 and ridden by Joe Bravo. I told her he still rides and is still very good. Jimmy was pleasingly surprised.

One thing I always liked about LeRoi was she is a free sprit and a joy to be near. Always positive which is infectious. Jimmy talked of Indian sprits but her free child sprit was and had to be a profound influence on Jimmy's game.

When the Doctor came into her room she told him "I'm on the phone with my boyfriend." She asked of LT1 and is anxious for that connection also.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #20
Lt1
Grade 1

Mitch that was some hit she made. The reason she didn't get the tri was they were at a location that closed out betting 2 mins to post for out of town races. She used Aodds to perfection and could hold her own with anyone in the group. She does sound very happy at her new place with a lot of friends. She hopes to hear from a few more of the old gang.
Tim