Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 10-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Energy vs Thoromation

I have been reading the FU'S and currently Im on issue 28 that deals with Thoromation.I wanted to know what is the difference between the two programs.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
partsnut
BetMix User

Jeff, from what I can see Energy was originally a stand alone program.

Thoromation is a package of programs which includes Energy, KGEN, EXDC etc.
One of the big differences was the pre-play screens and the Thoromation screen in EXDC. Also, with Thoromation you could put in more contenders
without getting a skewed result. Originally, Energy worked best with the recommended four contenders,
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,Thanks Jeff
Old 10-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Thoromation makes much more use of graphics. The numerical readouts are very similar and exactly the same in many cases. It is much easier to do project horses and manually adjust horses in Thoromation then it is in Energy, which may not be necessarily a good thing.

The later versions of Thoromation allowed for 12 entries, which if done will cloud your readouts just as much as entering too many horses in Energy. In certain areas higher numbers are better in Thoromation (100's) where in Energy (0.00) is better. They essentially are the same numbers. The one thing I like about the newer version of Thoromation is the Data Entry screen where you see all the horses as you enter them, rather then one at a time such as in the version of Energy I am using. This makes it easier to catch and correct data entry errors.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,Thanks for your post Jeff
Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
admin
Administrator

Entropy

Thank you houndog

Yes the lines are easier to enter than on Energy
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,Anytime you want to post something you did with Energy or Thoromation I still would be interested in learning how to be able to use the programs better.Jeff
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1

Mike,Do you ever look at the pace of the race,pace of the horse section on Thoromation with EXDC?Bradshaw on a tape said using that program is how he learned the matchup.Jeff
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #9
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Mike,Do you ever look at the pace of the race,pace of the horse section on Thoromation with EXDC?Bradshaw on a tape said using that program is how he learned the matchup.Jeff

Jeff, I have not looked at that section much in Thoromation, but it does sound like a good idea for learning the Match-Up. I really like Richie's postings in the "Hat" area and this is an area I need to work more at. It seems to me the more we know about the Match-Up the more proficient we will become in using any of the programs we decide to use whether that is Speculator, Energy, Validator, etc.

I think learning the Match-Up is so important as it enables you to select the proper pacelines and contenders. It is great to be able to get your win contenders down to 3 or 4 horses, and in some cases less than that. When you do this these programs are very accurate.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
Dupree_03

I was under the impression that Thoromation was one of Dr. Sartin's favorites.