Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

Hello from Bill V.

I want to thank all those who emailed or private messaged me
I am sorry for being so out of contact here at Pace and Cap.

I took a much needed break, from what was becoming all too important thing in my life. I was getting burnt out.

I needed to make some chances in my private life.
Horse racing and record keeping became a obsession.
I thought I wanted this, For as long as I remember,
from meeting Richie P to talking to Doc, to meeting and befriending Ted.
I had one dream.
That was to make handicapping with the Sartin Methodology my full time job. I have done this. But I wanted to do better.
I have always been a winner. because I did what Doc said to do and not do what he said not to do.
My new years goal 2 years ago was to improve my record keeping. I did
meet those goals, however I was doing too much too soon,
and I paid the price. I lived, ate slept (barely) thinking about factors that really had no value. I was just collecting data I won more but now I had nothing else.

I also had this silly dream to be able to say I hand entered more pace lines
into various Sartin programs than anybody else

You know what ? I probably have but It means nothing.
all those times I read the follow up and spoke to Doc was forgotten
I was just in love with numbers and my ego.

I could go on but really., plain and simply, one day I woke up and realized I had missed Doc's birthday - Oct 3rd- I was sure I was headed in the wrong direction
If I was so into record keeping and my database to miss this day
what else was I missing. ? I also realized I had no time to read or reply to post on pace and cap. I was a slave to the thing I love.

I have to run right now.
I miss what I really always wanted to be
I really just want to be a friend to those of us who use the Sartin Methodology.

I have a new life. Every day is a beautiful gift. Doc and The methodology will always be a part of it

I am very lucky to know you and be here.

Yours
Bill V.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Hello Bill V.

How time flies! Hey, Bill V. I say to you hello, thank you for sharing with us at Pace and Cap everything you know about horse racing and handicapping. At this moment, I feel very happy for you that took some time off. You well deserved it!

Thank you, Bll V., always for everything.

DSL
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
lone speed
Grade 1

Welcome Back Bill!!!

I am very content to see an updated post from you, Bill!

I was getting concerned since you are one of the main pillars of this website and the main bridge of "the current state" of the Sartin Methodology with the past teachings of Doc Sartin and his many computer programs.

I am glad to hear that you are "even keeled" and got some balance in your life and with your perspectives about what is important and of "value" especially regarding this chosen field and the time commitments required of our valued field of endeavor.

Doc Sartin and his teachings will always be instilled in your heart and in your convictions as you have shown us on this website especially in your contributions and many explanations given. It is so important to balance our daily time commitments among our chosen field of endeavors, our family, and for some, their jobs. But it equally important to balance time for our physical and mental health as time constraints can extract a daily toll on our valued state of health and being.

It is not that important that you had missed Doc's birthday this year but that you have carry forward Doc Sartin's teachings and ideologies to the future generations of interested horseplayers or better to say, the future students of pari-mutuel investing. You have done more in so many capacities than what Doc Sartin or any of us would have ever imagined. You created a medium with the help of Ted Craven and many others so future generations can access the past teachings of a mentor who dispelled many naysayers and false beliefs about what is really possible in horse racing and its investment opportunities.

Contrary to some current dialogues, the teachings of the Sartin Methodology are still valid and "omnipotent" to exploit in our modern time and the present.

I, for one, and like many others are very glad to see you post and continue your passion of this game like many of us. We may not post as often but many of us do have a keen interest in your well-being and the "continuance" of the Sartin Methodology.

I wish you a balanced life and continued passion in our chosen field of endeavor.

Keep up your valued contributions!!

Lone Speed
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Yes Bill. Thank you for posting about your current path. You had emailed me a few days ago with some more (juicy) details, but I'll let you update us here on those at your leisure/pleasure. It was just good to hear from you again and I am very glad to know that all is well.

Meanwhile, wishing you the very best life has to offer, in all things.

We still miss you ...!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
atkinsrr
Grade 1

THX Bill for the post...I understand what U R talking about...we work so hard at this and it becomes an obsession...and like Brohammer said and did....ya gotta take some breaks and just get away ...and while you're away daily meditation really helps to clean out the mind and refreshen it.......wishing everyone good skills and best of luck as we are upon one of the most important weekends of the year....let's make some $$$$$$$
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
mowens33
Grade 1

Bill, it's Great to have you back!!
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Bill, a very moving and insightful observation. Thank you for sharing with all of us. It serves to remind us that all aspects of life are to be enjoyed. It sure is easy to get off track and become as you say "obsessed".
Thanks,
Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,

Hope all will be well with you

Give your regards to your parents for me

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #9
Segwin
Grade 1

All the best with your new ventures Bill.

Hopefully you can find balance which will allow you to help here as well as branching out.

Any thoughts on the Breeders Cup???

Be well.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #10
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Bill-

I really appreciate your post. You indeed are a true winner and a personal inspiration to me. Because of you, the Doc's messages live on. That is a noble task in and of itself.

I hope we cross paths in person within the next year.

Keep fighting the good fight.