Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 11-11-2020, 02:47 AM   #351
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Track master list of available tracks blank

I have no clue what to do .I never had this problem with 2.1
thebear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #352
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sounds like RDSS2.2 did not install correctly. Please check on your c:\Rdss22 folder for a file named tracklist.dat. That's the default track list.

If that file exists, in the RDSS Data Centre, click the Display Available Cards button to see if that populates the Track List.

If that didn't work, or if the tracklist.dat file did NOT exist, please re-install RDSS2.2. You don't have to Uninstall it, just reinstall it, check again for that missing tracklist.dat file then check the Data Centre again.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:31 AM   #353
thebear67
AlwNW1X

The file does not exist .I reinstalled it twice to the same results. I have had to run rdss as an administrator since I switched to a windows 10 computer a few years ago if that makes any difference.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #354
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear67 View Post
The file does not exist .I reinstalled it twice to the same results. I have had to run rdss as an administrator since I switched to a windows 10 computer a few years ago if that makes any difference.
When that file is not found (TRACKLIST.DAT), you get this error message during RDSS start up.

Name:  tracklist.err.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  19.3 KB

The fact that you did not get that message means the file DOES exist. Could I ask you to check again on the C:\RDSS22 folder.

Besides the fact that it doesn't make sense that only 1 file out of dozens would not get installed - something else (as yet mysterious) is going on. If you STILL can't find it, or if you can and it still comes up blank, just copy the same file (TRACKLIST.DAT) from your old RDSS2.1 folder to the new RDSS22 folder. (And if Windows prompts you whether you want to overwrite a file - well that's proof that it exists). I just tuned up the new default Track Listing for RDSS2.2, removing some old tracks, adding a few new ones, but any tracks missing will be populated by the TrackMaster track-list check-in during Get Available Cards.

Re Run as Administrator - if your Windows10 insists, right-click the RDSS2.2 Desktop Icon, select Properties, then Compatibility, then in the Settings section check 'Run this program as Administrator'. Click Apply then exit.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-12-2020, 01:46 AM   #355
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Sorry for the confusion.I was looking in the wrong place for the file.It was there but the tracks were not .I reinstalled the program , and got an error message # 740.I went to the all track list ,and checked them all ,thusly filling up the selected track list .Hopefully it will stay as I have not exited the program yet.T hanks for your help.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #356
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.I was looking in the wrong place for the file.It was there but the tracks were not .I reinstalled the program , and got an error message # 740.I went to the all track list ,and checked them all ,thusly filling up the selected track list .Hopefully it will stay as I have not exited the program yet.T hanks for your help.
Glad it's working! You say you checked them all (perhaps meaning one-by-one?). In future, to check all the tracks (those running), simply click the Display Available Cards button (to retrieve data from TrackMaster) then in the All Tracks List, uncheck the box in the header, then re-check it. This checks all available tracks.

IF it's possible that what you meant in your initial post was that the All Tracks List did have tracks in it (and not 'blank') but the tracks were un-selected, then the above is/always was how to populate it.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #357
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Actually what was happening was ,when I pressed display available cards ,none where being displayed.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #358
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Actually what was happening was ,when I pressed display available cards ,none where being displayed.
OK, understood, thanks. That's why the uncheck all/re-check all (header checkbox) is an efficient way of populating the list. None were displayed because none were selected. Unfortunately, when installing this new version, the Track List settings from your old version are not carried forward (just like any new installation of RDSS).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #359
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Kevin, I'll admit, it's flakey. Sometimes tote data stops because the feed from TwinSpires stops (especially on high traffic stakes days). But the current version of RDSS also has a problem if you have assembled all races for a day, then are looking at a given race, then we move on to the next race, sometimes (always?) tote data does not start for that next race. In that case, you have to reassemble that race to start catching tote data again, with the downside of losing any customized line selection or Contender separation decisions you made .

Either the first update will get the worst of the bugs fixed then out to everyone, followed by a more complete update (by years-end?) - my preferred approach, OR I wait longer for a more complete update.

That's what I've got on this.

Ted
As a suggestion for another option to add to RDSS concerning reassembling races (if it hasn't been suggested) to preserve line selection - Add an option to the automatic line picking list which does not pick any lines, but retains lines that where previously chosen.
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #360
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just fixing the continuity of tote from race to race will mean you don't have to reassemble a race to get the tote started. However - interesting idea to to have a means to just re-load (from the Cache) a previously assembled race with all lines selected and Contender separation preserved (without restarting RDSS) - just like re-loading a previously worked race when you do restart RDSS.

I'll look at that while fixing this tote continuity issue (which is what I'm doing right now).

Thanks for the suggestion Swifty!

Ted

R
DSS -