Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Way to go Bill V.
Tim
Thanks Tim

My first and probably last bet at Parx for awhile
I will be in recovery from By- Pass surgery on Saturday
Then will laid up for a few weeks. Hope I come back after a long layoff in form.

Grateful to be here

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #22
partsnut
BetMix User

Bill V.

You will be fine.
I went through similar surgery back in 2012.
Now, I am living it up in Florida, enjoying the ladies and the good food.
It is hard to stop an Old horse like me.
Your are no exception. Like my late beloved Italian wife used to say, "You Gotta keepa Go".
There's just to much you haven't done and need to do.

Today, this type of surgery is very common.
I wish you the best.
See you at the windows.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #23
Lt1
Grade 1

Hey Bill you will do just fine. When you get back in action Parx most likely be on their winter break. I'm sure you will find someplace else that will tickle your fancy.
Tim
Old 11-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #24
Mark
Grade 1

Bill,
I realize that you are seriously ill and suffer from lack of energy and fatigue and I am very sorry that all this has befallen you. But it seems to me that your handicapping has gone straight downhill since you quit handicapping and started using all this new stuff Ted has created. I think the Doc and Jim must be turning over in their graves to see the direction this website has taken. And you of all people endorsing it playing along Breeder's Cup day and posting races whose factors are derived from other websites in part. If you want a steady diet of short priced horses use this stuff and the run outs inbetween are so bad that you have no chance to make a profit.
By the way, if you are interested in playing the tote board the is a program over on Ken Massa's website that is really in-depth. i think it is called "At the Races".
I experimented with it but the time needed to begin recognizing the real money plays from random betting noise is considerable.
It is not my intention to offend you. I have always admired your staunch support of Phase 1 and your success with it. Needless to say, I am still looking for the RDSS2 update promised last spring as I think there could be some useful stuff in it and something I asked Ted if he might do for me as he seems to have made special screens and such for other folks, yourself included.
I pray that modern medicine can return you to good health!!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #25
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bill don't worry about the procedure. As partnuts said its very common now. I had this done back in 1990 and it was suppose to last 5 years, yep I'm still here. It beats taking a dirt nap. You'll do fine but don't rush coming back and slow down while listening to your body.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #26
Bill V.
The egg man

thank you

Hello Mark

Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to my recovery, just the constant pain, and worry of my sudden turn in life is a hard adjustment for me.
As far a what I am doing, Ted has simply collected a group of high percentage factors, which are staples of the Sartin Methodology . Things like the primary and supplemental readouts, Bottom Line Betting line, V/DC, EPR LPR TPR APV and CR, are the heart and soul of Doc Sartins programs and
are what fuels RX.

Ted and his testers after looking at thousands of races discovered that some outside information/readouts , like Profit Line and a readout called Composite Speed Ratings, which by the way simply consist of another of Doc's most highly valued ratings the adjusted speed ratings , were a improvement and enhanced the power of just looking at the top 3 or 4 VDC.

The RX 1, 2, and 3 readouts also use factors of the Early or Other than Early
lessons of Jim Bradshaw's match up 5 steps

The Tote 1 and Tote 2 and the Morning line what has this got to do with the methodology? Nothing , I agree, But

These readouts are in my own testing of over 500 races from all tracks and all race distances and types the most predictive top 4 readouts of all the readouts available to model within RDSS2.1

I plan on returning to Phase 1 and picking my own pace lines after recovery.
But after recording 500 races LIVE, and modeling over 5500 pacelines,
I will continue to use the RX3 screen for my final betting decisions

Blessings
Bill
Old 11-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #27
Mitch44
Grade 1

Congrats to partsnut, Bill V. and LT1 for a great job at Parx. You guys did terrific there today.
I played there also but was too busy to post and was playing longshots
I had $3 w on # 1 in the 5th, pd. $9.00 no ex., $1.00 ex. in the 7th for $22.50 and a $5 w bet on # 5 in the 9th for $26 while missing the ex.

Funny how we all were hitting around the same horses ,isn't it? Glad you did well guys.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #28
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Bill don't worry about the procedure. As partnuts said its very common now. I had this done back in 1990 and it was suppose to last 5 years, yep I'm still here. It beats taking a dirt nap. You'll do fine but don't rush coming back and slow down while listening to your body.

Mitch44
Thank you Mitch

I will be strong, My surgeon Dr Stahl is highly regarded at Scripps
Medical in La Jolla where I will be having the by pass procedure

https://www.scripps.org/physicians/5400-richard-stahl

Then I will go on a little layoff , from all my visits to Scripps in the last two month , I know I will be well cared for by all the beautiful Fillies
Old 11-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #29
darmar
Grade 1

recipe for recovery

Hi Bill
Glad to hear your almost done with the cleaning up your medical issues. We are in your corner and I'm sure Doc and gang will be supervising your surgery and recovery. With that in mind I will leave you with the wise words from the guy who I learned my basics from. All you really need in life is fast horses and slow ladies. Keep the faith and get well soon

Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #30
Lt1
Grade 1

I've been with the Methodology since 1990 and have used almost every program that was available and none were as user friendly as RDSS. What Bill was doing is a perfect example of the program to get winners without the user doing a lot of handicapping. I myself have done it this way when pressed for time or not in the mood to do my normal routine and have had success doing it. With regards to the RX 1-2-3 screens they are optional if one cares to use them. Otherwise the old reliable BL/BL screen is still there. What Ted has done with the RX3 screen is to provide another excellent contender option. I myself.,and several others, get my contenders from the top 5 profit line and the top 5 Bris prime top 5 horses. The winner is in the mix anywhere from 85 to 90% of the time. Since no one, including the Doc and Jimmy, ever had the winner in the mix 100% of the time I will live with the results I get. As for short price horse well sure that will happen but so will enough double digit winners to make one happy. For example the races I listed in this post the winners were all in the top 4 and paid $11.60,$27.20,$7.40,$10.40,$15.80,$5.60,$13 and $9.00 Now I will grant that there are indeed days that are dominated by $4 and $5 winners. That's just a fact of racing life we must deal with. I once wrote Doc about Aqu inner having nothing but those short price horses and what could one do in that case. Doc published what fellow member Wagercapper was doing which was to play the low price horse as 1 bet then as a 2nd bet play a contender going off at 12-1 or higher dutched accordingly to ensure a profit if the low odds horse won. We must adjust to the situations we encounter. So in closing I would like to thank Ted for continuing to advance the Methodology forward and keeping us ahead of the crowd.
Tim