Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

A Saratoga Daily Race Selection Thread ??

Since Saratoga has a lot of therace conditions we normally would pass on.

How bout a daily thread of a race or 2 that you found may be playable that day and list why along with your selections, unless of course it is really and tight held family secret, of course...otherwise you got a horse for the course angle or saw a trend worth playing thru previous years and or your model, (after time to create one), gives you something to look at.

I do hope not all fields are like Opening day, as we know early Capping will be hard to do as many scratches will take place as fields of 16 horses will not run, but capping 16 takes time, for me time worth practicing.

I know it should be started in the selection forum, but just wondered if others would join and participate in it?

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
bigredbird
Maiden

Hello everyone. I am new to Pace and Cap. I have read some of the Pace and Cap literature and practiced with some of the past performance running lines. I would like to know what are the race conditions one would normally pass on other than first time starters/ maidens or a race that most of the entrants do not have at least three running lines ?

Keith
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Pass

Welcome to Pace and Cap

You have a very good hold on the guidelines of races to pass
like so many other parts of the Sartin Methodology there are guidelines There not too many rules

I can't think of any other passing guidelines than what you mentioned
Maybe short distance races under 5.0 furlongs were never useable in Sartin programs
and longer races over 9.5 furlongs could be races were every runner is going that long
for the first time

Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-28-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Welcome Keith!
I agree with Bill in that your "pass' guidelines are pretty much the Methodologies guidelines as well.

I can offer one more and that was taken from a day that Doc and Aline were at Santa Anita wagercapping the races:
They came upon a race where there was this horse that was being bet very strongly and they both could find absolutely no reason for it. They decided to pass the race because they did not have a complete "understanding:" of what was going on. I read that Peter Tolan also would not play races that he felt he didn't understand fully.

Anyway a bit of food for thought and again welcome to Pace and Cap!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
bigredbird
Maiden

Cool Guidelines

Thanks Guys, for the prompt reply

Keith
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote