Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

View Poll Results: If RDSS exported a file for use by Synergism 2 or 3, would you use RDSS?
Yes 19 79.17%
No 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
Houndog
Grade 1

Synergism IV File Structure

It appears Synergism IV saves file differently then Synergism III. The extension is the track such as CD instead of RAC extension. For example if the race was the 5th race at Churchill for today it would be JUL1705.CD.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
Parts, Good Point! That's why I asked for other opinions. Just as you have stated opening up an existing RAC file without creating a file within Synergism should bypass the par file issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,

You have been a good friend and it was because of your hard work and efforts, I became interested in Synergism.
I won a contest over at PaceAdvantage because of your generosity.
I never properly thanked you for it but will do so now.

I am excited about the prospect of using this software again and hopefully many of us on this board will be successful with it's use.

Please remember that it is through Ted Cravens efforts with RDSS that
the Synergism file conversion will come to pass. I believe that it's Ted wish to develop many winners. Ted is committed and sincere in his efforts.
He's a pleasure to deal with. His efforts should be strongly supported.
Please also remember there would be no Synergism without Bob Purdy.
He's a very nice guy and has generously allowed Jeff (Shoeless) to distribute the older versions to those he wishes to give it to.

Mike, I think that when the software comes to pass that you should be a beta tester. I believe Ted would welcome you. You are very talented with Synergism. There is no one I'd like to see win with it more then you and Shoeless.. You can teach these folks quite a bit. So can Jeff.
Jeff has recently shown what he is capable of. He is a student of Synergism.

Not withstanding, I would have to mention that Richie P. was an expert with this software and it was not uncommon to see Richie bang out some nice $30.00 plus winners.
Alydar was very formidable with this software and he has done quite well on the contest circuit.
These are some very talented people. We can all learn from them
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #23
Houndog
Grade 1

Parts, thanks for all the kind remarks. Actually Jeff, yourself, PINO, RichieP and others are more proficient with this program. You are absolutely correct in giving Bob Purdy his due credit.

The reason I raise the points that I do is that I am not entirely sure when the par file comes into play. Say for instance if we sent adjusted lines to Synergism would they be adjusted again with the par file. I am trying to test various scenarios and see if I can grasp a better understanding of what is happening.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
Parts, thanks for all the kind remarks. Actually Jeff, yourself, PINO, RichieP and others are more proficient with this program. You are absolutely correct in giving Bob Purdy his due credit.

The reason I raise the points that I do is that I am not entirely sure when the par file comes into play. Say for instance if we sent adjusted lines to Synergism would they be adjusted again with the par file. I am trying to test various scenarios and see if I can grasp a better understanding of what is happening.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, it is my belief that the par files only come into play with a newly created files from Synegism. That being said, it appears to me that if the saved converted RDSS data files have the same file structure as does the Synergism file, it will be read by the Synergism software.
Hopefully, I am correct but it is possible I might be wrong.
I am optimistic that Ted will solve the problem if any and make it work.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, it is my belief that the par files only come into play with a newly created files from Synegism. That being said, it appears to me that if the saved converted RDSS data files have the same file structure as does the Synergism file, it will be read by the Synergism software.
Hopefully, I am correct but it is possible I might be wrong.
I am optimistic that Ted will solve the problem if any and make it work.
Parts, I am also optimistic and I will wait for Ted's comments concerning this.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks,

Thank you all for the kind words expressed. Of course anything I may be able to do with a Synergism data file should steal not a whit of claim from Bob Purdy who was the originator of Synergism. Not forgetting Howard Sartin who fostered such an incubator of creativity in those formative years!

Although I am not committing to a delivery schedule for whatever Synergism export from RDSS2 may be possible, when I have something to test, I will announce it here and EVERYONE who has expressed their interest in the poll and this discussion forum can try RDSS and its connection to Synergism for at least the 30 day evaluation period, or as long as it takes to Beta test this particular module.

The group feedback will get it done more quickly!

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
shoeless
Grade 1

Parts and Houndog thanks for kind words.

At one time Richie,Pino and I were banging out some really good winners with Sidewaters method.It was Richie who first intoduced the program to Pino and I.

Purdy gave me his blessing to give the program to people who had once bought it but no longer has it.Of course there is no way to prove except
just to believe what people are telling you is true.

Ted,

It is none of my buisness but you might want to give your program to
Purdy once it is done.Houndog and I did so when he updated the pars for Syn 3 and 4.We thought it was the right thing to do.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
partsnut
BetMix User

WOX 07-18-12 Race 8 Using Synergism 2

WOX 07-18-12 Race 8 Using Synergism 2

Moved to its own thread: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8490

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-18-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: just keeping the threads on topic
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I have released an update to RDSS2 Beta2.5 which adds Synergism2 (either Unadjusted or Adjusted) to the list of export data file formats. This is a preliminary version to support Synergism, and as yet does not support Syn3 file format, only Syn2.

Anyone who is a registered RDSS user can download the current version here: www.rdss2.com/r2b2.5

If you are not currently using RDSS and would like to try out the export to Synergism2, simply read the RDSS Getting Started Page, then send me an email. Since I will be away on a vacation between August 24 to September 15, the normal 30 day evaluation period will be extended to September 21. Unfortunately, I won't be able to set people up for RDSS while I'm gone, so if you're interested, the sooner the better! Next week, I'll be in (or to and from) Saratoga, so my response times to emails and phone calls may be just a tad slower.

I added this export in response to interest expressed in the Poll at the top of this thread by folks who are not yet users of RDSS. You will need to master navigation and paceline selection in RDSS2, as well as establish a TrackMaster account for data. Release Notes and videos for learning all about using RDSS2 can be found at the 2 links above.

Here is a 2 part video made by Bill V explaining how to use the new Syn2 file export from RDSS2:

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/video/SYN2_Part1.mp4
http://www.sartinmethodology.com/video/SYN2_Part2.mp4

You need a video player, such as VideoLan Player to watch these videos.

The only nuance added to the software since Bill's video is a checkbox to limit exported pacelines to Primary Contenders (if you have designated some horses as Secondary, or non-Win Contenders).

Important Note: This export option is provided for people who already own a license to Synergism2 (and/or eventually Synergism3) and would like to automate data entry (i.e. use RDSS facilities to get data into Synergism). I have no plans to add a Synergism 4 export. I also cannot provide Synergism software to those who do not already own it (i.e. have at one time paid Dr Sartin for Bob Purdy for it, or bought original disks from someone else).

Enjoy the new export feature and feel free to discuss the issues, or give suggestions, in this forum.

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Discontinuing work on Synergism/RDSS

Here is an update on the RDSS2 to Synergism export project.

The poll at the top of this thread asked who was interested in using RDSS to export data to Synergism, if you did not already use RDSS. Presuming everyone understood the poll question, I interpreted that to indicate that 15 respondants said they would subscribe to RDSS if they could use it to export data for use in Synergism 2 or 3 - and that it would be worth my time (and valuable to many people) to do that work.

Subsequently, I did spend a significant amount of time adding the first part that module (i.e. Syn2) to RDSS, and publishing a new update for testing (and delayed work on other RDSS components by the same amount of time).

After waiting what I thought was a reasonable amount of time for feedback and for at least some of those 15 poll respondents to step up - I can report that precisely 1 new person has subscribed to RDSS to get the Syn2 export. To the best of my knowledge, no one else has even asked to try the RDSS Evaluation for the primary purpose of evaluating the Syn2 export.

To say the least, the response has been underwhelming - and disappointing re the time lost on my part.

I conclude that either most of the poll respondents were not serious, or they do not really use Synergism, or based on some posted comments they have determined that RDSS does just as good a job as Synergism and perhaps one day will get around to RDSS (or did get around to it and didn't say they responded in the Synergism poll). Perhaps some people who already use RDSS responded in the poll - which is not what the poll asked.

Setting aside the data export of running times pre-adjusted by RDSS - the raw time export from RDSS is identical to the data input you must do by hand in Synergism2. You still must do setup times and track records for adjustments made in Syn2, if you intend to use Syn2 as described by Bob Purdy and Doc Sartin.

Unless I get some further serious interest in this module, I won't be continuing work on it. The existing Syn2 data format export will always remain. If the one person who subscribed expecting more future Synergism-related components in RDSS would like a refund, please just write to me.

Best of luck and skill to those using Synergism, and/or RDSS!

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-18-2012 at 01:03 PM.