Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation RDSS2 / Kentucky Derby / Tote Module

Just a reminder to those who have forgotten since last year, and to those who are new to RDSS - the RDSS toteboard module cannot handle the 20 horses (the more than 16 betting interests, to be precise) of the Kentucky Derby.

The toteboard module will simply be empty during that Derby race.

Of course, RDSS depends on timely flow of tote data from BRISnet Supertote in all cases. Sometimes on big race days, that tote stream has been known to be sluggish. Before writing about why RDSS tote seems to not work, just load the Supertote site in your web browser (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/totedb/tracks.cgi). If tote data is flowing for your track in your browser, it will also flow in RDSS if you have logged in to Supertote within RDSS. And if not, then no tote info will appear in RDSS - the problem is with the tote data provider, not with RDSS.

Good luck everyone in the Kentucky Derby 2014!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
atkinsrr
Grade 1

no problem Ted...just throw out Harrys Holiday Uncle Sigh We Miss Artie Pablo Del Monte and enter the rest of them..good luck everyone
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
atkinsrr
Grade 1

My top 5 for the Derby...one of these will win...#4 Danza #5 Cal Chrome #6 Samraat #12 Dance With Fate (this years Animal Kingdom) #20 Wicked Strong. Couldn't get #15 Tapiture in there with RDSS but have him in the Vegas Futures @70/1...have some pic3 and pic 4 Tickets with my top 5 plus some borderline horses that I used #8 General A Rod #10 Wildcat Red #13 Chitu #19 Ride on Curlin. Then put in 3 horses on an "off the wall" ticket in case something weird happens #9 Vinceremos #16 Intense Holiday #18 Candy Boy...so when I hit the 8th 9th and 10th races I'll have 13 horses going in the derby...plus the pic3 that started fri with Untapable I have 16 live pic 3 tickets..13 of those with Wise Dan singled...Wish everyone good skills today and I'm headed for Ellis Park only 5 miles from the house.......
Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Alas, as promised (or anticipated) Brisnet Supertote is hopelessly behind as I write this (23 MTP Churchill Downs Race 9). RDSS users may have to ignore Supertote until it appears to have caught up (if it does).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Ted...Bris was really overloaded on line today....I came home from Ellis Park before the Derby and went into Bris to check for my p3 and p4 payoffs with the Derby and the site was having trouble changing screens and showing payoffs ...must have been a bunch of people on line with Bris today...probably be the same way on Belmont Day..if Chrome is running for the Triple Crown