Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 09-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

Sounds good

That is a nice plan Tim. As long as people take the time to explain their bets
I am up for that too
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
rdiam
Grade 1

Let's not forget that Sartin's "guidelines" were developed well before the widespread availability of multi-race wagering: i.e., rolling DDs and P3s, p4s and P5s. The is a huge difference in betting today. Per Mike Maloney in "Betting with an Edge", you handicap a race and then find the bet(s) that makes sense. Sometimes that is a win bet, a Dr Z show overlay, a DD where you have a strong opinion on the back end and the front end is wide open, etc. Limiting posts to 2 selections or a 3 horse box is just not how the game is played anymore. The game has changed, and to win, you have to change with it and let go of what Sartin preached 20 years ago.

I have been posting my win contender worksheet. I will never bet a race without seeing my odds, so you will never see "selections" from me. But many who read my posts seem to find value in them, so I will continue. They are not designed as a "tip" sheet, only as an attempt to assist readers in structuring their own bets.

Richard
rdiam is offline   Reply With Quote