Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation RDSS 2.1 Update - Fix to 'not responding' problem

Folks - many of you have experienced today general 'stalling' and 'not-responding' messages for all versions of RDSS2. This has been discussed in this thread from today:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...ewpost&t=11478

It has been resolved thanks to help from many different users. Here is my post describing the Problem and the short term workaround and final solution:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=51

The Solution is - a general udpate to RDSS 2.1 within the next 48 hours. Users of RDSS 2.06 (from 2014) will have to update to RDSS 2.1. I will be merging the (private) RDSS 2.1 Testing Forum with the Public RDSS 2.1 Forum, and RDSS 2.1 will become the official current version of RDSS.

I will make general posts here at P&C informing folks of the update, and send a general email to all current RDSS Users.

Note (FYI): after this urgent near-term update, there will have to be another update within the month to add in the rest of the tote-related items which could not make it in the next 48 hours - PLUS an urgent update related to changing how RDSS 2.1 accesses data from TrackMaster's secure site (https://trackmaster.com). There is a definite end-date looming in the next month where RDSS must stop using 10 year old web links for TrackMaster data and begin using new (new to RDSS, old to TrackMaster) links to get data.

Just a heads-up to general activities! I wish I were on vacation in the Caribbean

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

For the record and for clarity - the problem has nothing to do with what Windows Version you're using. Nor has it anything to do with Trackmaster (kindly do not call them about it).

It was ultimately and solely my fault (about 4 years ago) in the way I (mis-)programmed how RDSS used the old Supertote

Looking forward to a better tomorrow ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks, despite all the above problems encountered yesterday (February 19) - today it seems things are working normally again

Please see this post in the other thread: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=60

Please try to use RDSS as normal and report any problems. I am still proceeding with an update in the next few days.

Ted

R
DSS -