Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2008
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2008 Breeders' Cup 2008

Old 10-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #31
jms62
Grade 1

[QUOTE=Tim Y;42432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
No, actually you don't. You have to "know thy track" as Doc said.
I only need know the track bet at. I know Euros do well on turf and poly, and the lines can be interchanged, whereas on dirt, you cannot do this as successfully."

Sort of encapsulates your WHOLE philosophy of life: LOOKING BACKWARDS when it is change that really makes things what they are....The Europeans have made major strides in training for dirt and their breeding program continues to have stamina...a lost aspect on this side of the pond, but stand still,don't re-evaluate and stay stuck in a single mode, that's par for the course with the majority of handicappers.
Tim, you make a lot of good points but how can you criticize someone for "looking backwards" when you are constantly harping about early early early. This mantra may be true from the 80's dirt tracks but it simply does not hold up today on synthetic surfaces. This weekends cup put an exclamation point on that.

Regards,

JMS
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #32
Tim Y
turf historian

[QUOTE=jms62;42452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post

Tim, you make a lot of good points but how can you criticize someone for "looking backwards" when you are constantly harping about early early early. This mantra may be true from the 80's dirt tracks but it simply does not hold up today on synthetic surfaces. This weekends cup put an exclamation point on that.

For years and years I surveyed tracks and limit my wagering on early courses which abound, in spite of all of the hearsay that they are otherwise overbet. Evidence constantly backs up this contention as it is re-evaluated weekly. It is what is happening NOW at these courses:You can go to the synthetics (but then they are not anywhere close to being the same, course to course, as Woodbine barely changed energy distributions over the last several seasons and gets crazy early in the cold). For the rest of the synthetics, I simply watch, recognizing those changes as closers have MANY inherent problems with traffic, etc,

Also if you re-read my statement about this, it is NA Breeding, a contention that I predicted would eventually show up and voiced that opinion years ago in a BLOODHORSE editorial that I believe to be responsible for the shift on Saturday along with the change of course.

Last edited by Tim Y; 10-30-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #33
tom
Grade 1

All of which has nothing to do with betting and winning BC races. Quit being a "musterbator." Your way is hardly the only way. How did your E/L do that day?

I am not limited in my play like you are. One needs to adapt. Howard taught that - all of Pirco did. Remember the idea of dropping a potential teaching member into new track by parachute and making money from what limited info they could gather? I remember Dick Schmidt and Tom Brohamer were going to Woodlands for it's inaugural meet. Dick was making a track profile from two days data. Tom was betting after the first day. The spirit of this methodology was winning. Not whining.

Last edited by tom; 10-30-2008 at 11:05 PM.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:25 AM   #34
tom
Grade 1

Quote:
Sort of encapsulates your WHOLE philosophy of life: LOOKING BACKWARDS when it is change that really makes things what they are....
Caine: Is it good to seek the past, Master Po? Does it not rob the present?
Master Po: If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #35
Tim Y
turf historian

Eastern philosophy knowledge limited to a TELEVISION show, why am I not surprised?

To learn what it is all about refer to the Tao Te Ching
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 AM   #36
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Caine: Is it good to seek the past, Master Po? Does it not rob the present?
Master Po: If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Eastern philosophy knowledge limited to a TELEVISION show, why am I not surprised?

To learn what it is all about refer to the Tao Te Ching

Hmmmm..., I wonder...??

If a truth , on it's own , is measured and proven to be true, and useful, what does it matter from the source it came from?

How many famous and/or skilled people where inspired to greater things as a youngster or such , by things , for instance, like comic books or other entertainment ?

So contrived imagination expressed as entertainment inspired absolutely no one and nothing in the scientific or industrial world, ever ?

By the way, that "silly" television show, along with the Green Hornet and others like it inspired a many to delve deeply and with earnest into the serious study of Martial Arts and Eastern Philosophy.

We are supposed to posses knowledge, not have knowledge POSSES us....like some demon from a nether world with a life and purpose all its own.

A knife can be used to heal and used to maim. The knife is not in question but the heart of it's possessor.

A hammer can build shelter or crush a skull, the choice is yours.

True possession of knowledge is humbling, for although it may answer some questions, it opens even more doors, for even more questions and possibilities yet to be imagined.

Was it not arrogence that sank the Titanic ? Because it was unsinkable and the most technologically advanced boat ever made at the time, right?

Even when the lowly man in the crows nest warned of possible impending danger that should be investigated, the captain said not even God himself will stop this ship from it's scheduled course.

The uniqueness of the Sartin clients ADDED tools to the methodology, not snub the different approaches of THE HAT, Tom Brohamer, Sam Wada, Bob Cochran, Michael Pizzolla , Dick Schmidt, Tom Hambleton, Bob Purdy, Burt Mayne, etc., if both approaches are proven profitable, added together makes it even more powerful.

Crushing differences for the sake of one ups-manship is not a cool pasttime.

We are not here to make the other say "uncle", or " now whose your daddy?"

Knowledge is supposed to foster cooperation,wonder,possibilities, advancement, teamwork, fellowship, for the betterment of all, not used as a hammer to breed contempt.

Yeah, I WANT you to be better than me, I would be eager to help you, for then, you will see further where I can not, then you can help me better than I helped you, and the cycle goes back and forth unto infinity.

Real humanity.

Rather than try to understand the reasoning, Caine simply slew Able. Problem solved, so he concluded.

Let's not slay each other.

Condescension does not foster sharing. Someone keeps slapping my hand, eventually I will get the message and not reach out again.

The Titanic, Rome, Egypt, The Great Depression, I guess we will never learn.

VoodooFan
VoodooFan is offline   Reply With Quote