Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 12-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

Just

Hey Omar

17/1 # wins race 4 as your second choice

Name:  17-1.PNG
Views: 645
Size:  41.9 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
omar
Grade 1

Tmm summary sheet

If the program odds on a horse, let's say my top horse is 6-1 and horse goes off at 3-1 or less, then that's an underlay and I'll look at my 2nd or 3rd choice in my handicapping.
I hope you had him, i'm busy at GP where the prices are stacked up and backed up!!! Caught the exacta in the 4th and alive to 5 horses in the 5th double [ 1-3-4-7-9]. I will post the summary when i finish the card.

Good Luck.

Last edited by omar; 12-07-2019 at 01:40 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #13
omar
Grade 1

Talking GP race 8

Hey Billy oh say can u see I have a 66/1 shot oh yes I can see, the 8 horse. Forget the Big A, I follow the Big fields = prices. Bet him across the board. $135.20, $40.40, $16.20. Now tell me they didn't bet him. Of course they did. Someone banged him in the show hole. #6 was 2nd at a price.
Now guess whose alive in the double going into the last race at Aqueduct, that's right, Me. I even threw in the favorite, even though I don't like him. I'm no fool, alive with an 8-1 shot, now I really want one of my Longshots to come in.

Last edited by omar; 12-07-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #14
Bill V.
The egg man

Hey

Nice work Omar

I wish I did see that It knocked dad out of his pick 3
Old 12-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #15
omar
Grade 1

Smile CC at GP

The 8 has a ton of class in last at Gp but i like the 4-5-6. exotics used 4-5 on top, while bet 8 & 6 to win.

Shotski was the top PBS in a Neutral race where i use both columns. See attached Tmm at GP.

Dec 7, 19 Track GP.pdf
Old 12-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Mitch44
Grade 1

Ah that "star" has lost its luster and that spec of dust in the galaxy flamed out as Max Sec. wins again and does deserve his just dues. This game will humble you.
Some take a piece of that humble pie while others think its a pie eating contest.

Congrats on your Ex. Bill.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #17
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Ah that "star" has lost its luster and that spec of dust in the galaxy flamed out as Max Sec. wins again and does deserve his just dues. This game will humble you.
Some take a piece of that humble pie while others think its a pie-eating contest.

Congrats on your Ex. Bill.

Mitch44
Thank you Mitch for Your observation about Maxi's slow easy workout
pattern, I cashed the small exacta just a 5 6 box $2

Hey, Omar Come on man! Do you really think Doc Sartin would be so boastful?
This game is so full of bumps It better to be humble and appreciative of the skills you have worked for.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:18 AM   #18
omar
Grade 1

Smile Fg 12/8 [Humble Pie]

Kudos to Max Security. My 4 horse just did not fire. I've seen really good horses come and go. I just don't put him in that category. When the connections run him on non favoring speed tracks and stop ducking quality competition at classic distances, then maybe i'll change my mind about him.

Sometime this week i'm going to post a copy of something I know nobody has or has seen on the internet. Back in 1976 I kept records from saved racing forms and I kept a complete record of Seattle Slew from his first to his last workout with all his races in between [times and beaten lengths] on 8x10 index cards. I started to do that with other horses also but it was too much work so I stopped. The reason I did the Slew was that after he broke his maiden I remember telling a co-worker that they'll be chasing this horse all through the triple crown next year. And i was right. When you look at his training record you'll see why. I'll post it in the General section.

I played 4 races at FG [4,6,7,9] and hit all 4, handicapping them all the same way just like yesterday, just like on BC day,etc. Like they say it's all in the wrist. See attached summary sheet.

Dec 8, 19 Track FG.pdf

Last edited by omar; 12-09-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #19
Mitch44
Grade 1

The Aqu. track Saturday was very slow, those observing it said previous races were very slow especially the other graded race on the card. Perhaps many tracks are slowing down to prevent breakdowns. Spiced Perfection stepped the mile distance in 1:39.11. Very very slow. Max ran 1:36.46.

Beyer disagrees with you Omar as he gives Max a 111 Beyer rating for the race. Note not one horse this year to include 4 yr. old's has gotten a higher Beyer for the distance, Spun to run had previously run a 109 & a 110 at a mile. He is very consistent and his trainer said he ran his race and just wasn't good enough after the race. “The race came out like I expected,” said Juan Guerrero, trainer of Spun to Run. “Maximum Security is a great horse. My horse ran his race, we just couldn’t beat him. "I’m very proud of my horse. It seemed like we were never going to catch him once Maximum Security got the lead. We had to settle for laying right off of him.” BTY Spun to Run won the BC mile and is the real deal while consistent.

BTY Max, Sec. has won over 4 different tracks and two were sloppy which is another indication of class.And the slowness of Aqu. on Sat was very slow. No he can race on any surface and doesn't need to take his track with him. That sort of stuff is overblown by trainers to give owners an excuse for their poor training job. It the most used excuse out there.

I for one don't buy any of your BS or dribble but your free to keep slobbering.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-09-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #20
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Racing already has a star, Me, they just haven't realized it yet. I'm surprised they haven't given me a star on horseracing's walk of fame. But that's okay I can handle rejection and adversity pretty well. It is what it is and that's all that it is.
Dude you need to realize that your not the BEST HANDICAPPER in the world. If you were, you would not post your write ups or even share your picks right? Almost all the “experts” like yourself think your the best but your really not. No offense, but not one single person will be above the rest or be better than the rest. We are all trying to fight the battle at the windows each and every day with being the best for us. Positivity is all that counts and you saying all that has a major negative over your seeing of the world. Also the “giving me the star on the horse racing HOF... priceless.