Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
gl45
Grade 1

What is NewPace?

I don't know much about handicapping but I learned a good lesson thru the process....... "be humble".
Is anybody here that can explain to me what New Pace mean and what was intended to accomplish as a handicapping method.
We all talking about it, use it, and be dissatisfy with it.

Last edited by gl45; 02-24-2012 at 06:06 PM.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

This should be a great thread, I have seen New Pace in both HSH and here on RDSS, and have to say here in this forum there was discussions and plenty of people testing and using it here. It was a simple thing to use here, a 1 click and look at it, again Ted should be given the props for making it so easy to see and use, in HSH it was not, ( at least until I was booted out ) easy to use, definetely not a 1 click look.

The concept to me and God forbid I be proven wrong here it was created to find the Early Horse's and the Late Horse's and narrow it down to 4 horse's and sometimes a swing horse also.

This to me sounds like another thing that was once offered by Dave, it was called Early and Late, which I bought also, and to me it seems I read alot about this from Doc's follow ups and even see it here in RDSS, but if you repackage it and call it something catchy, something people would like and include the most exotic word in handicapping , " Pace " , and wallah you have NEWPACE , man my imagination gets carried away sometimes, but this has been my thought for awhile now, Doc had this Early/Late, Pace thing covered for awhile.

I do hope that this is acceptable in this thread,

Back to NEWPACE, it is a quick glance at all horse's in a race and determines 4 contenders by speed , both early speed and late speed, and provides you with 4 horses to consider, sometimes a swing horse is also included, just not in RDSS, thou it is noted by a SW in the newpace screen.

It also gives you a quick glance at the last 10 races to see how well a horse can do againgst the other horse's in this race by speed, it sometimes shows plenty of horses that have never even come close to other horse's recent past speed figures, thus eliminating the horse from contention today.

BUT, I feel that using the last 10 races does not really give you what you should use to honestly show the horse's potential today, too many variables
and it does not use just races from today's distance and surface, giving a much more precise estimate, and it does not take into consideration days back, as it could use races over a year ago if that was when last raced, even longer sometimes, again not something givng good dat to use, but then you will get a lot of lower class horses at lower track, running at Penn/Mtr etc, that would have alot of races at distance and surface and track, and then this NEWPACE might give you really good info.

Hope my ramblings make sense, if not please aks me to elaborate and I will try to do so.

My opinion NEWPACE does have some potential , but needed some user knowledge to better use the info it gives you.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1

Quote:
This to me sounds like another thing that was once offered by Dave, it was called Early and Late, which I bought also
I never sold anything called Early & Late.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I never sold anything called Early & Late.
Wow amazing I still have the DVD in my stuff, never thought he forgot what he sells to us, this is worse than I thought.

patrick
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I guess they sell so much that they forget

Name:  100_0657.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  19.5 KB Name:  100_0658.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  19.4 KB

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-04-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: resize images
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1

That is NewPace.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Not sure why the photo is so huge, but this defientely another product sold by Dave

If someone can help me I can input the video seminar and post it as proof too if need be, but not if he admits he sold this, so now his credibilty is a little tarnished, but for me it already was.

Sorry Dave

Patrick
Old 02-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1

The product is called "NewPace." That is the product you purchased.

End of story.

Do you ever get tired of your childish behavior?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

what we were told

This is how I remember it. In the beginning
Ted began showing screen shots and talking about something called Early / Late 2.0 I myself thought it was just something Ted tweaked based on Sartin methodology formulas. Basically It seemed Ted had improved a vital readout
in the methodology, and I looked forward to using it

It was later that he posted that what he was calling E/L2.0 was your product
New Pace It had nothing to do with the early late graph we have come to use
here in the methodology To me this was a negative in that It was never
really explained and tested in an open area

To me the way that NP was introduced and the fact that it was called
by the wrong name of E/L 2 spelled doom from the start
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
JimG
Grade 1

Patrick,

Early vs Late, unlocking the mystery of pace, is the New Pace seminar.

In other words, what you posted is the cd seminar that Dave refers to as New Pace. It is not a different seminar as you seem to think.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote