Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #151
Bill V.
The egg man

Pp

Hi Vincent

I am putting your example together in my mind. It seems like it would be a plus line if the horse finished in the money or beat half the field and was not beaten
by too many lengths. that would all make it a possible (+)

Is this from a recent race? If so can you provide a screen shot or the race date track and horse you are asking about.

I also consider the match up the horse is facing in todays race and the class of the race from the last line.

meanwhile I look forward to FTL's analysis

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #152
vderdak
Grade 1

Bill

As an example if you could look at todays Woodbine WO 3 #4 Cana Red, last line or WO 9 #4 Lunar Light if the 2nd race back was the last line or like the last line which is real close but not quite 2 lengths back a the 2nd call, these iffy lines, do they qualify or not as contenders.

Thanks,

Vince
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #153
Bill V.
The egg man

Its always the 4 horse

Hi Vince

I will take race 9 #4 Luna Light first

Name:  Luna light.PNG
Views: 766
Size:  65.8 KB

I would say yes here. The last line could be excused for the 7 furlong distance
The comment says even out seep stretch. In the 6 furlong portion of the race it was up close. I look and see that the horse was given 6 week rest but comes back at the same class level were it ran 2 plus races.
If they dropped it into maiden claimers I would be concerned. For me line 2 is the line.

Now the hard one

Horse 4 Canna is one of 4 sprinters stretching out against not the greatest routers. Here are the last lines for all the horses, none of them have plus races. Can a horse go from 6 furlongs to 8.5 ? Yes but here ? When its only win was against 8000 maiden claimers ?
Its encouraging that against open 20 claimers it made a move to be just a shade over 2 back at the second call

I would just pass this race but that's does not mean you have to.

Name:  Canna Red.PNG
Views: 736
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  last lines.PNG
Views: 729
Size:  52.1 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-06-2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: cleaned up spelling
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #154
vderdak
Grade 1

Bill,

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it and will use your advice.

Vince
Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #155
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

I have been reading all posting in regards to picking pace lines using the rdss program. The one thing I have found is if you select a pace line - the pace line selected should be best in the CPR ranking, Perceptor ranking, Primary line score, and VDC % ranking. Most of the time they are one of the same ranking, if you select the best of last three compariable.
Alice0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #156
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice0607 View Post
I have been reading all posting in regards to picking pace lines using the rdss program. The one thing I have found is if you select a pace line - the pace line selected should be best in the CPR ranking, Perceptor ranking, Primary line score, and VDC % ranking. Most of the time they are one of the same ranking, if you select the best of last three compariable.
--I am glad you are asking this interesting question but, we need a lot of patience for Anyone to come up with the answer and put together all this for a solution.

DSL
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #157
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Seeking solution

Hi Folks,

To have a better understanding of these factors I went to Google Site Search:
1. Perceptor ranking
2. CPR ranking
3. Primary line score in picking pacelines
4. What is VDC % ranking?

I know, I am still Seeking a solution

DSL
Old 07-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #158
Bill V.
The egg man

What you ask

Hello DSL

1. Perceptor ranking- Ted probably can explain this one better
2. CPR ranking The sum of the actual Early pace rating and Late pace rating
based on the adjusted numbers from the scales of the book Pace Makes the Race . In PMTR CPR is called Total Pace Rating
3. Primary line score in picking pacelines Each of the 6 primary readouts
which are EPR LPR CPR TT HE FW and FX,
are given a compounded rating. The lower the rating the better. The horse with the lowest total of its 6 compounded ratings gets the lowest or best primary line score. Doc's studies of 1000's of races showed that the top 5 lowest primary line score and top 5 total energy horses win just about all races If proper pace lines are used
4. What is VDC % ranking? VDC is its own Velocity/Deceleration readout. Every race has a horse with the best VDC readout - although the total number is very close.
Still there is always a best. The best horse in VDC will get the 0.0 The other horse rankings are the percentage difference from the best 0.0

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-08-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #159
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

Lots of Thanks

Hi Ted and Bill V.,
Thanks Ted, you already explained what 1. *Perceptor ranking*-
in http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7811

Thanks Bill V. for the correct explanations about 2.*CPR ranking*, 3.*Primary line score in picking pacelines*, 4. *What is VDC % ranking*.

Lots of Thanks to you both,

DSL
Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #160
vderdak
Grade 1

I know there are many individual ways to pick pace lines, from highly structured to intuitive, I was interested in how FTL's method of paceline selection would handle these almost but not quite qualifying contenders, if he treats them the same as his 90 day cut off rules or does he allow some gray area when it comes to middle moves between the first call and second call and lengths gained to be within two or very close.

I appreciate every ones contribution though. It's the key to good results, good contender selection.