Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #141
navyvet1994
Grade 3

yeah same same
navyvet1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:03 PM   #142
barb craven
Grade 1

If I'm only playing one track, the tote appears in the first race, but when you proceed to the second race (if you are playing every race) after the first is finished and you have the mutuals, the tote doesn't appear. You have to restart the program to get it to appear again. I work around it by opening another one and going from one to the other on alternate races. Of course if I'm am playing 2 or more tracks then I switch back and forth. ie RP on #1 and PRX on #2 the first race, and the next race, PRX on #1 and RP on #2. That seems to the trick for now.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #143
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Lightbulb

OK, here's the tests I'm running today to duplicate this:

1. 1 track today for which I assembled all races YESTERDAY

2. 1 different track today with no races assembled (i.e. races will only get assembled, presumably, when the tote moves to the next race).

Open each in separate instances of RDSS some time before Race 1 for each goes off.

From what I see reported above, tote for race 1 for each track should work normally. There should be NO tote data for race 2 or subsequent until I restart each RDSS, after which tote should proceed until the end of all races.

Did I state that correctly?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #144
Lt1
Grade 1

In my case that's right Ted. This happens 4 or 5 times a week.
Tim
Old 10-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #145
barb craven
Grade 1

No, this happens to me for every race unless I follow the procedure I outlined above. I assemble the card just before I start using it.

Last edited by barb craven; 10-04-2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: more info
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #146
barb craven
Grade 1

If I use one instance of RDSS and one track, tote won't appear after race 1 unless I restart for each race.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #147
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's my report of testing this tote 'stalling' problem. I am using a slightly newer version that most of you (who got a testing version at Saratoga).

Thursday
- Assembled ALL Belmont races the night before. Thursday noon opened BEL and race 1 tote appeared. After Race 1 was official, the tote automatically rolled over to race 2. Races 2 - 9 all showed tote data automatically - no restart required.
-Assembled ALL Gulfstream West races TODAY (not the night before). Race 1 tote appeared, then rolled over to Races 2 - 8. Tote data displayed fine, no stalling in any race.
-for FL, LRL - did not Assemble ALL races in advance, rather just let each race get assembled as the tote rolled forward race to race. For all races beginning with Race 1, tote data displayed normally and continued with no stalling for the rest of the races for each track
- PEN, RP, SA: started in AFTER race 1 (e.g. began with Races 3,4,5, etc). Tote displayed fine with each track's initial race and continued normally until the end (except RP, which I closed before the end)

Friday
Opened WO, BEL, GPW and KEE before race 1 and went out for the afternoon (Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend, only dry day forecast here ). I did not Assemble any races in advance, just automatically race by race. When I returned, all races had run, all captured tote data normally.

I tried testing several difference usage scenarios where tote is happening -- Assemble ALL the day before, Assemble ALL today, Assemble none in advance - only race by race, join a card of races before Race 1, join it after Race1.

For all the above tests, I ran each track in a separate instance of RDSS. I used 2 computers for this, both running Win10, with up to 4 RDSS instances running at the same time.

So -- I cannot duplicate the reported 'tote stalling', requiring a restart for the rest of the races, or some kind of swapping dance between separate RDSS instances for the same race card.

I am using a slightly updated RDSS 2.1, but I don't remember making ANY changes to the tote system that would act differently from what I distributed for testing around Saratoga time.

HOWEVER, let me tune up this version I tested with and send it out to a few of you to see if you still get what you report or if the problem has resolved in the way my tests above show. If there are still problems, I'll have to connect remotely to a few of your computers to observe it happening and understand what the differences in usage might be.

Thanks everyone for your reports!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #148
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I downloaded the recent update yesterday, but still have the same problem and I am not sure its the same as others have experienced.

I assemble the races for the entire card sometimes choosing lines other than best of last three comparable. When I access the race as post time approaches, there is no Tote info. The only way to get it is to back out to the race summary and reassemble the race, which negates my line selections and contender/noncontender choices. I have to manually go back and check all line selections.

I have tried switching from one track to another and then back, and also looking at other races on the same card and then switching back, but it does not activate the Tote info. So if I have enough time I re-assemble and make choices again.

Its the only way it works for me, sorry to report.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #149
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Using the latest update, I cannot get results and prices from the Rx+ screen, no matter how many times I click the mutuel prices icon

I can however, get the mutuel prices and results from the Entries screen Icon, when then shows on the rx+ screen

Last edited by Bill Lyster; 10-08-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #150
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Using the latest update, I cannot get results and prices from the Rx+ screen, no matter how many times I click the mutuel prices icon

I can however, get the mutuel prices and results from the Entries screen Icon, when then shows on the rx+ screen
I'm finding this as well'