Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Pace Makes the Race / TPR
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Pace Makes the Race / TPR Discussion, Examples, Lessons from Total Pace Ratings (TPR) aka 'Phase I' from the book 'Pace Makes the Race'

Old 06-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #31
Bill V.
The egg man

Horses

Name:  H4.PNG
Views: 560
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  H5.PNG
Views: 543
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  Horse 7.PNG
Views: 543
Size:  86.7 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #32
Bill V.
The egg man

Horses

8 , 9 and readouts

Name:  Horse 8.PNG
Views: 519
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  Horse 9.PNG
Views: 514
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  TPR.PNG
Views: 497
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  RX.PNG
Views: 516
Size:  101.8 KB
Old 06-07-2018, 02:51 AM   #33
Bill V.
The egg man

Woodbine

Hi Mitch

I was following along.
I demoed race 4 in the TPR section

I wanted to demo a fulcrum example.
Its been awhile but the fulcrum tool works well as always
race 4 was the first race with a fulcrum qualifier

Good Skill
Old 06-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #34
Mitch44
Grade 1

Not to be argumentative Bill but the fulcrum is something I don't believe in and consider a waste of time. That time can be used for better handicapping purposes. What good is a factor if it can't be used in all races with the exception of FST or MSW? That leaves far too many races that render it useless IMO, such as the first three races at WO of this post.

Hey but what works for you and me is what makes racing a challenge. Hell even the "Hat" Bradshaw didn't believe in it. And following his early guidance has served me well in reference to the Fulcrum while saving valuable time.

Hope your doing well Bill and glad to hear from you, I wish you health and success.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #35
Bill V.
The egg man

All races

Hi Mitch

Thanks for the nice words

MITCH I'm not sure why you say the fulcrum can't be used in all races ?
It can be as long as at least 1 horse has a last race where it ran less than 2 beaten lengths
at the second call and 5 beaten lengths at the finish. As long as the race is not aberrant
The highest rated qualifying horse in any race is the fulcrum , it really takes not much time to find the fulcrum with R D S S .
Just auto select the paceline selection to last line. Then find the highest rated EPR horse on the TPR screen and see who the qualifiers are who ran at today's track and distance

Anyway. Like they say it's just a tool in the toolbox.

Good skill luck today
Old 06-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #36
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Bill how you doing?. I'm not into the fulcrum either but I thought it was within 5 at both the 2nd call and finish to qualify as the fulcrum. Am I incorrect?.
Tim
Old 06-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #37
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello Bill,
The reason why I said the fulcrum can't be used in all races is because you said;"race 4 was the first race with a fulcrum qualifier." I guess there are a lot of "aberrant races."
"It can be as long as . . . "

It is just that a tool because it can't be applied for all races. Its also a tool that's a waste of time. If one picks appropriate pace lines the match up takes all that into consideration with the lines picked. I'll side with "The Doc" & "The Hat" as far as the fulcrum goes. The mythology has evolved and the masters were never nor did they become stagnant. We would not be where we are today without that evolvement.
Your free to use whatever you want and waste your time anyway chosen Bill.

The fact of the matter is this thread has nothing to do with the fulcrum and there is a thread for that which is the only place fulcrum stuff should be posted. These threads get hijacked far too much by inappropriate things that belong on a separate thread. A perfect example of that was Richie P's thread on contenders which got hijacked with Excel threads, which should have been a separate thread. I believe you started that also.

What I would suggest is you remove any and all posts about the fulcrum from this thread to include my comments in reference to the fulcrum garbage and in answering those threads. When someone clicks on a thread they don't want to have to go through hundreds of posts that don't interest them for going to the thread to begin with.

Catch a wave Bill and have a great day.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #38
Bill V.
The egg man

correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Bill how you doing?. I'm not into the fulcrum either but I thought it was within 5 at both the 2nd call and finish to qualify as the fulcrum. Am I incorrect?.
Tim
Yes, Tim
According to the fulcrum chapter of the original Pace Makes the Race.
In the Competitive Requirements paragraph, page 104
It clearly is stated " less than 5 beaten lengths at the second call and the finish"

Thanks for catching my error

Bill
Old 06-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #39
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill

Nice workup of the race, hope your feeling better

Tell Dad hi

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #40