Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Beyer said he LOVED these bets on days with Mandatory payouts. He HATED them (if I recall correctly) because of a) high takeout (versus Woodbine's 15.5%) and b) when no one hits, or when multiple hits - far less than 100% was carried-over, and instead went out of the pool and into the track's pocket, effectively an even higher takeout. If that's not what he meant, it's certainly the impression he left of his opinion.

Perhaps other tracks implement these jackpot bets the way Beyer said - and not the way Woodbine does it. I can see why he feels that way, but I'm sure he would like the way Woodbine implements it, according to Hoof 11's info.

I was ready to bet into the mandatory Rainbow 6 payout day a little while ago at Gulfstream (when it hit the day before), and would do mandatory payout days for Super Hi 5s even more-so if I knew about them.

Perhaps that's a good service to start here at P&C: a thread to announce when big carryover pools for single-winner jackpot type bets have an upcoming mandatory payout. This info is out there in various press, blogs and feeds, etc but does NOT appear to be announced in the Carryover listings of the various ADWs I subscribe to (because Equibase apparently does not collate it).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Perhaps that's a good service to start here at P&C: a thread to announce when big carryover pools for single-winner jackpot type bets have an upcoming mandatory payout. This info is out there in various press, blogs and feeds, etc but does NOT appear to be announced in the Carryover listings of the various ADWs I subscribe to (because Equibase apparently does not collate it).

Ted
I put up a 'Jackpot Bet - Mandatory Payout' thread to track this info: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9883 If you know of something, put it there for all to see!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #23
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I put up a 'Jackpot Bet - Mandatory Payout' thread to track this info: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9883 If you know of something, put it there for all to see!

Ted
Woodbine has a page on their site that has the current carryover (top of the page), as well, they use this page to announce when there is a mandatory payout. I usually check once a week to see what the pool is doing.

Next time there is a mandatory payout (for Woodbine at least), i will post it in your thread Ted. Maybe next time we can put our heads together and try and take it down.

http://www.woodbineentertainment.com...kpot-Hi-5.aspx
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Gil,

I added that Woodbine link to the 'watch list' Thread, with space for links to other tracks' current jackpot info.

Happy to collaborate with you!

Ted

R
DSS -