Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

Line and settings

Hi Rich

Here is what I see default settings

Name:  screen.png
Views: 598
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  what.png
Views: 632
Size:  38.3 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
It seems strange to have Richie get such large numbers for the 7 and also the 3 and 8 with these settings because none of the track variant numbers are outside the narrow limits that I set my DTV meter on, yet Bill V gets the same adjusted SR info that I do? Puzzling, no?

my adjusted SRs for the 3 and 8 using the lines Richie showed are 82 and 84, respectively, not the 72 and 74 shown by Mr. P....???

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Rich

Here is what I see default settings

Attachment 26508

Attachment 26509

well somethings wrong - i just deleted my whole database, reinstalled an empty one - cleared the cache file in rdss2 for 3/10/12 - redownloaded and reimported gp and this is what shows

i didnt think Bill L post was the answer cause the variant is -9 for the line fitting well within both config setups

shoot maybe it's Hat showing me the winner from the hereafter before the race runs - i miss my bud

help
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Boe777
Grade 1

Practice Bet

RDSS/Sartin/Bradshaw Contest

Date 03/09/12
Track DED
Race 2

Bet
$10.00 Exacta Box 345 Choo Choo Chant, Burt Star, Rebecca's Wild Cat $60

Race 7
Bet
$20.00 Win #2 Uncle Bobby $20.00
$10.00 Exacta Box 248 Uncle Bobby, Carrigllen, Midnight Regret $60.00

Race 8
Bet
$10.00 Exacta Box 1,1a,2,7 Labelle Te Fille, Sack O Rocks, What An Honor, Storm Bate $60.00

Total $200.00

Is our bankroll going to be calculated for us?

Alex
Boe777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
well somethings wrong - i just deleted my whole database, reinstalled an empty one - cleared the cache file in rdss2 for 3/10/12 - redownloaded and reimported gp and this is what shows

i didnt think Bill L post was the answer cause the variant is -9 for the line fitting well within both config setups

shoot maybe it's Hat showing me the winner from the hereafter before the race runs - i miss my bud

help
Rich,

Email me a copy of your Configure.ini file (c:\rdss2\Configure\Configure.ini). Let's take a look.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I Like the 7 horse and agree maybe Jim is giving you a heads up, but within the RDSS I do not get the 7 , thou it is hard to leave him out of the mix, he did nothing wrong and getting better each time out.

I keep coming back to 5/2/7 as yet 2 and 7 both do not make it into the final cut in RDSS, so do I bet the program which last year did me well.

The program is giving me 6/9/5/10 as top contenders to focus on.

The 2 is a perfect bounced horse, last race was the bounce, and hopefully back n stride now, tough to throw out if true.

Both 7 and 10 are 2nd time out winners and improving , question how much improvement this time, both are quality horses, so how to distuingish the top 3 horse's for one contest and the winner for another.

I honestly see this a 6 horse race, any one of them could win, an early nod would be to the 5 horse, yet plenty of late speed here that can catch him, alot may have to do with the track and how it is running Saturday, but I must say I do not see a wire to wire winner, in this race.

The 6 if he improves, which he should, can easily be the winner here and has done so once, as a few others did well on this track the 9 and 10 horse.

Lots of info written down but maybe the 6 horse is my top pick, now.

underneath contenders in order 2/7/5/9/10, more later

Thank you Richie , hope you get things worked out with your settings.

Patrick
Attached Images

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 03-09-2012 at 05:27 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Rich,

Email me a copy of your Configure.ini file (c:\rdss2\Configure\Configure.ini). Let's take a look.

Ted
ok Ted thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe777 View Post
Is our bankroll going to be calculated for us?
Alex
Yes, but you're responsible for not over betting your bankroll (i.e. not more than 10%). The Contest Managers may not get everything calculated for you to begin the next day, so - you can figure it out as well as they can.

If you overbet, your bets will be reduced beginning with the last ones you enter for a given day.

Good luck Alex!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
I keep coming back to 5/2/7

The 2 is a perfect bounced horse, last race was the bounce, and hopefully back n stride now, tough to throw out if true.

Patrick
Let me tell you Patrick I HOPE you BET your call here man as this was one TREMENDOUS call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW - WOW!!!!!!!
Win
Exacta
Trifecta
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank you Richie

I am currently still under practice mode, and I appreciate all your help and the others here, who constantly remind me of what this game is about.

Someone recently told me to handicap the race before you run the race, sounds simple and it was , advice that brings back the deja vu machine, remember back when capping called for the following

pack of Marlboro 100's ( I quit these a few yrs ago)
some highleghters
DRF paper edition
Pot of Coffee

Those were the good old days, back when I knew nothing of computers and spent my time looking for certain things that have gotten away from me, as the process of elimination was easier then, and I have come to rely on the computer to do all the work and it showed, a few good hits , but consisitency was not there and lately it has gotten better, but I still have a ways to go to consider a possible investment of real money again.

Again Richie I thank you for your support, guess others did not wish to join in, no problem , maybe someone found something useful from this and I'm happy.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote