Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

SAR 07-23-18 Full Card Selections

r1 #1 mantle
r2 #8 gabriella
r3 #2 mazmania
r4 #5 plebe
r5 #9 the postmaster
r6 #4 beckers gallery
r7 #6 fire key
r8 #6 tiz no bluff
r9 #11 andretta

Last edited by partsnut; 07-23-2018 at 11:09 AM.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
r1 #1 mantle
r2 #8 gabriella
r3 #2 mazmania
r4 #5 plebe
r5 #9 the postmaster

r6 #4 beckers gallery
r7 #6 fire key
r8 #6 tiz no bluff
r9 #11 andretta
I apologize for the error I made in races 4 & 5 listed above.
Both of these horses were in race 4. My bad
They were both scratched.
Please disregard Races 4 & 5.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
Lythande
AlwNW2X

Well, that's about where I am without computer assist. One win and one show out of 10 races. Andretta was also a scratch. Had you bought a $2 win ticket for each of those, your take for the day would have been a three dollar loss.

I'm concentrating on making sure I have located and installed all the recommended raw numbers and formulas in order to get a preliminary model for a given race. My efforts are focused on just one race, at the moment. I know who won it, but my model has not yet pointed out that horse to me. So not only do I need the right numbers, I need to interpret them correctly. Some need to be high, others low.

Once my template identifies the top contender, and that name turns out to have been the winner, then I will save that to a new filename and edit the original with new race data. Once I have done a full race card, I will do a couple more cards of past race days, then a future race day dry run. When my dry runs actually begin to show a paper profit, then I'll be ready to actually spend some money.

I know I seem to be rushing things a bit. I don't want to bet any races in bad weather and fall (and winter) are right around the corner. While California and southwestern tracks will be racing for several more months, the eastern tracks will be too iffy for my current level of risk comfort. So far I've been focused on one track at a time, and just switched from Belmont to Saratoga.

About the best I can say for the upcoming winter is that it will afford me an abundance of time to read my little library and as much of the other publications as I have found here and to polish my template to shiny brightness. I also hope to be able to afford the RDSS software before winter, which will afford me lots of time to learn all its nuances. Adding in updating four websites and fleshing out a desk manual for my 9-5 so I can actually start thinking about retirement there, my goals for the months leading up to spring's good weather are few but very time consuming. Lots to read, lots to do. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. Have been in a slump for about three years now. Time to get back into the game.

I had an idea. I went to NYRAbets dot com to buy a DRF for a future race and track but can't find ANY, for some reason. Will try again later. If I can't find one there I will grab a new data file from Brisnet. Then I'll post some upcoming races, maybe a maiden, a claiming, an allowance and a stakes. Then we can both post our picks and see who get closest to the bull's eye.

No jumping the gun. Don't post your picks until the morning of.

I hope others will participate. Afterwords we can take them apart and find the errors and view the clinchers.

What do you think? Interested?
Lythande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

Sure....I all participate.
However, I am not an RDSS user.
I am using and testing a variety of tools.
I have not landed on any specific software that proves consistant for me.

There are many on this board that
Use RDSS successfully..
Old 07-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #5
Lythande
AlwNW2X

Hey, PN, I posted a new race card for Saratoga this upcoming Saturday. Since I chose the track and date, why don't you review and choose four races to focus on? See if you can select one of each type, an MSW, a Clm, and Alw, and a Stakes. Also a balance of dirt/Turf and Small/Large fields. Gotta head for my (ack,barf) 9-5.

Later...

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...531#post116531
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
Lythande
AlwNW2X

Ah, don't forget a mix of sprints and routes, if you can manage that. That's about all the criteria we may be able to manage on this card.