Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2015 Matchup Challenge
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #21
PeteC
Grade 1

What a race!

That was an EXCITING finish! Great job to those who had the winner, especially Tim with his great analysis. Great job to Pook also...hang in there man, we've all been there. That was a nice call too, even though it didn't pay off today. To me this race epitomized the match-up battle we fight everyday...The early horse runs a bang-up race, securing a nice lead in the stretch. Meanwhile, here comes the strong OTE runner charging down to the wire making it a head bob at the finish. How often we're on the right side of the photo makes or breaks the bankroll.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Oh yeah I forgot Ted, Moreno is your horse! He may never forgive you.

Pook
One of the more exciting races this summer, indeed! Sometimes it's hard to get out of your own way ... With all 3 top finishers in the top 4 of my BLBL, it takes real skill to pick 2 of them who don't win (or 3 of them and not cash an exacta box)

Pook, this game keeps you humble in ways nothing else can (and rewards in similar ways). I treat surplus accumulations in my bankroll as 'held in trust' to be given back sooner or later, the longer term goal being a few double digits of ROI over any given rolling longer period. Reality = ebb and flow. Flow is coming! (Meanwhile, I feel your pain ).

Congratulations to Gandalf, Capcondo and Raceman: rare air in your reserved seating area!

Re Moreno, it was always going to happen sometime: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...moreno-retired Retired at last! Enjoy the pastures, thanks for the memories - and the $$$. (Or, maybe he'll return as a lead-pony like Lava Man!!)

The Race:

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #23
Capcondo
Grade 1

Pook:

You're doing the right thing. Take a few days off. Wait til you get a good nights sleep. Get that good optimistic feeling back. Then, attack them. The next one will go your way at something better than 5:1 to make up for this one.

Here's to good matching.

Tim
Old 08-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #24
The Pook
Grade 1

I have emerged from my cave having completed the licking of my wounds. Thanks for the kind words gents. And thanks Ted for posting the video. Whenever I am in need of humility I know where to look and get my fix. I post the occasional good score so I can be burned in public too.

When I posted the results an hour or so after the race I was particularly vexed at the way I lost. Hence the tone of the post. But that is part of what makes horse racing so great. The heart wrenching disparity, emotionally, between some wins and losses.

I lose most of the time as I am not any where near a 50% hitter but all those that had Liam's Map I'm sure were doing the counting of the chickens before the hatching thing. Liam's tried his best. Those on Honor Code were probably equally surprised at his catching ability even if he is a stone cold closer. C'est la vie.

And so Moreno is retired. He deserves a good pasture now after having busted his balls for three years. Oh he's a gelding! I guess not then. Deserves the rest anyway.

Anyway see you all on the weekend when I believe it is Mike up to bat.

Happy Matching,
Pook