Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
reckless
Grade 1

Question about Trackmaster download files

hi Ted:

If I download racefiles from Trackmaster on race day but after completion of that day's racing program, will those horses in the files that were scratched still be included or will they have been automatically deleted??

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The Late scratched horses will still be there, because the file you are downloading was created before the race day.

Just pick up the scratches from the Result Charts and apply them.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 05-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
reckless
Grade 1

Thanks Ted.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
dbk111
Maiden

Hi Ted,

I'm in the middle of my 30 day evaluation period and I just ran into a downloading problem. When I download multiple tracks only one shows up in the list. This happens even when downloading one at a time. I know they are in there somewhere I just can't find them. Any advice?

Thanks, Dave Katz
Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dave,

Welcome!

Today you downloaded 2 cards for tomorrow, June 6. If the Data Centre Progress screen (the log of what happened) indicated your cards indeed Downloaded and Converted successfully, then since June 6 is in the future, check the Future section of the Sidebar (Race Cards by Date) to see if your 2 cards for June 6 (i.e. tomorrow) show up there.

Let us know if that solves the problem!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
dbk111
Maiden

Hi Ted,

I understand that part of the process. I checked the future column and there was indeed one race card there, just not the other one I downloaded.
The second card is being shunted off somewhere. I know this makes no sense
because if one card appears where it is supposed to be why not the second one. I like this program but the 'guts' of it are a little beyond my meager computer skills.

Dave
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dave,

Sounds like about the time to connect computers, solve it ASAP and move on! I can't quite grasp from your description what the problem may be. Send me an email (support@sartinmethodology.com) and suggest a time for me to call you and connect our computers.

Even tonight ... (or tomorrow).

See the TeamViewer remote connection utility link bottom right corner of this website. Or: here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
dbk111
Maiden

OK, now this is going to sound even stranger than what I've already described,
but I just reloaded RDSS ( for the umpteenth time ) after reading your suggestion to link computers and there it is; the missing card! It still doesn't make any sense but at least I can handicap tomorrows races now. I will download the cards for this weekend ( Hollywood and Golden Gate ) on Friday and if I have this problem again I will let you know. Again, I really like your program. I have been out of racing in any serious way for 10 years now and it feels good to get back to what used to be a big part of my life. The last program I used was Jim Bradshaws' AODDS GOLD which I loved. But I became too dependent on the readouts, the numbers. RDSS seems to allow me to get back to the basics of the Match Up as Doc and The Hat taught it and I'm having fun with it and maybe a little success too. Thanks for your quick response to my plight, Ted. I will post an update of my evaluation period in a week or two. Dave
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK Dave, sometimes stuff just happens, but there's usually a good explanation. If anything else comes up which sounds vaguely technical, either check in here or email me and I'll try to help.

I should be around all weekend, glued to the computer and my ADW

Ted

R
DSS -