Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Question Saratoga 2015 - PaceandCap Weekend ?

Hello folks,

The time is coming around to when we would normally start organizing our usual weekend at Saratoga in August (typically Alabama Stakes weekend, this year: August 22).

This year, for myself, I have decided not to go to Saratoga, in favour of potential travel elsewhere in August or September. Plus, I should just be releasing or have recently released the new RDSS2.1 around then, and I'd rather spend those 7-10 days in August working on that. Thus, I won't be organizing a get-together or seminar there, or buying tables for us to meet at this year.

HOWEVER - if anyone else would like to step up to co-ordinate this gathering, on the usual weekend or any other, I would be happy to point them in the right direction for ordering Festival Tent table seating from NYRA's website, and anything else I know from having done this a few times.

Please feel free to discuss this here! (I am posting this in the General Forum for greater visibility, but will eventually move this discussion to the Saratoga Get-togethers Forum if something is organized).

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

A follow up to this: NYRA Saratoga Festival Tent ticket sales (where we buy a number of tables each day for usually 3 days - last year $35/table/day) apparently went on sale March 9.

Here is the web page: http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/information/tickets/

The box office phone number and email address to purchase these and all other Saratoga seating tickets is given at this web page. (Some other tickets don't go on sale until April).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
Telegony
AlwNW1X

Saratoga

I plan to take my Dad up again this year. He will be 94 then so I'm 'betting' he will be able to make the trip. If he isn't, then I won't be coming. That said, however, we'd like to see people we know when we are there. Anyone interested in joining us at a tent table?

Tom Brosnan
Telegony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

The Derby

Ted,

Sorry to hear that the gang won't be heading to "The Spa". I am all in for the Derby this year, and will be taking my Dad.

I am actually thinking about trying to hit all Triple Crown Races.

Ps..... The snow is finally melting in Muskoka

Happy Punting

JDL
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagine View Post
Ted,

Sorry to hear that the gang won't be heading to "The Spa". I am all in for the Derby this year, and will be taking my Dad.

I am actually thinking about trying to hit all Triple Crown Races.

Ps..... The snow is finally melting in Muskoka

Happy Punting

JDL
John,

Just to be clear - it's just ME who won't be going to Saratoga this year, or organizing anything. The gathering may well be the biggest ever, but someone else would be arranging it . All starting in this space!

Enjoy your planned trips to Louisville with your Dad, and please say hi to him for me! One of these days, I'll get there

Feels like (almost, kinda, any-day-now ) Spring in Muskoka (Ontario, Canada) indeed!

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
wagercapper
Winner

No spring here. It's snowing right now - 8 AM 3/30/15. But season tickets and reserved seats for Saratoga just went on sale today. Hard to imagine the upcoming meeting when the track is buried under snow.
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote