Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Amazon Store & Miscellaneous Library
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Amazon Store & Miscellaneous Library Horse Racing related books, DVDs, the RDSS Ball Cap and other general merchandise from Amazon.com and other vendors

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
atkinsrr
Grade 1

'The Complete Handicapper' - James Quinn

Greetings to all.....Would like to recommend to all James Quinns new book
"The Complete Handicapper" from Gamblers Book Club in Vegas $34.95 includes shipping.
got mine in 5 days....very informative info!!!!!!!!
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Greetings to all racing fans...just found another good racing book (borrowed from a friend). not about handicapping but very informative reading.."Betting on Myself" by
Steven Crist, about his life and how he got into racing...plus a few valad points about speed figs, SR-V, fractional times, on pages 70 and 71....check it out
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
polambi
Grade 1

Talking

Thanks for the recommendation. I just finished reading the "handicapper's Condition Book", by James Quinn. I enjoyed the reading, but I'm wondering if it's any different than the "Complete Handicapper"?
My horse racing library is getting pretty big.
By the way... I would be interested in trading or swapping books if other people are interested. I could post what I have, and If someone is interested in either one of them, they could just post what they have, and we could just mail the books to each other. Sounds like fun to me
If anybody likes the idea...just reply to this post to let me know.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
dlivery
Grade 1

Hi

Very novel idea count me in

Lawrence
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Paul..yes it's very different...racing has changed so much in the last 5 years and he address' that in this book...anything in racing that you can think about is discussed in this book...it is a must read !!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
polambi
Grade 1

atkinsrr...thanks for the info. I'll try to get the COMPLETE HANDICAPPER by next week.
In the meantime, here are the books I am willing to trade, all in excellent conditions.

-EXOTIC BETTING (STEVEN CRIST)
-THE HANDICAPPER'S CONDITION BOOK (JAMES QUINN)
-VALUE BETTING AT THE RACETRACK ( DAVID JOHNSON)
-MODERN PACE HANDICAPPING ( TOM BROHAMER)
-PACE MAKES THE RACE ( TOM HAMBLETON & DICK SCHMIDT)
-SPEED TO SPARE ( JOE CARDELLO)
-THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE WINNING HORSEPLAYER ( TOM HAGERTY )
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
banacek
AlwNW1X

I'd be interested in a fairly recent copy of the Cynthia Pars Plus book (2011-2013?). If you have a Cynthia Pars book, let me know what book(s) you might want in exchange - I have almost every handicapping book (including Quinn's Complete Handicapper) - would trade most of them - or if you just want to sell it that would be fine.
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

Banacek,

I do have a copy of 2011 Pars Plus, which I purchased. It is clean, with no markings on any of the pages. Make a reasonable offer. My email address is rat123@aol.com.

Thank you,
Alice0607
Alice0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
banacek
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice0607 View Post
Banacek,

I do have a copy of 2011 Pars Plus, which I purchased. It is clean, with no markings on any of the pages. Make a reasonable offer. My email address is rat123@aol.com.

Thank you,
Alice0607
Thanks, but picked up a copy a few months ago. Thanks for the offer!
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #10
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Replying to an old thread here, but I am in the midst of reading this book and I absolutely love it.

I do have question however:

In the book, when talking about 3 improving 3 year olds, Quinn indicates that one can expect an improvement in next race from a "LIGHTLY RACED" 3YO early in the season, if they fire off "Paired Tops" (Lifetime best speed figure followed by a similar effort next time out).

At what point can you say that a 3YO is not lightly raced. For example, Bluegrass Singer in the Holy Bull this weekend, has raced 7 times. He has put very solid wire to wire efforts up with strong liftetime best speed figures. Would he qualify as a "Lightly Raced" horse or not?

It's probably a longshot someone would be able to provide insight here, but I thought it was a good question.