Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > ADW Rebate Information
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

ADW Rebate Information Information on the BEST legal Rebate program and Superior Wagering Tools - (even if you're not a 'whale')

Old 06-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
Mr. Chi
Maiden

Xpressbet now accepting customers from Alberta

Apparently Xpressbet is now allowing Alberta residents to set up an account.
I'm curious as to why they would exclude other Canadian provinces. there's got to be a catch. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-30-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Mr. Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
Peteman
Grade 2

Hi Chi,
Express bet likely paying a fee to open shop in province.
In the US each state has different Laws regarding racing,internet gaming.
likely the same for Canada.
Peteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, been doing some digging around about this, called my friends at NHPLAY, they did some digging, and their friends at XpressBet told them about Rocky Mountain Turf Club (RMTC) in beautiful Lethbridge, Alberta.

I had a very nice conversation with Max and Jason today and they gave me the following information:

1. they are indeed offering access to XpressBet's online wagering site. Whatever you see at XpressBet.com including the betting interface, video and replays, is what you get via RMTC (actually, video is free with an account - no deposit or betting required)

2. at the moment, accounts are available only to Alberta residents, though it is possible in future this may be extended to other provinces

3. Churchill Downs tracks are not available at this time (CD, FG, AP, CBY), though they are hopeful. All other North American thoroughbred and harness tracks are available - including Woodbine.

4. Although they operate the Lethbridge thoroughbred track (code LBG) this is a new relationship for them with XpressBet and they are in soft-launch mode for the past little while. Full operation and wider promotion is expected within a few weeks (July 2016)

5. Via XpressBet, they offer the same rebate schedule which XpressBet offers (see the XpressBet.com site for required handle levels and rebate rates by volume). RMTC is also offering a Bet $100, get $100 bonus offer at sign up (use RMTC100 Promo code).

6. To apply for an account, simply go to XpressBet.com, Sign Up Now, then 'Canadian Customer? click here'.

Thanks Mr Chi for prompting this investigation! For my money, XpressBet is a much better betting interface than Wodobine/HPI. Good luck to them, and good luck to Alberta residents who want an alternative to HPI.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-30-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: a few corrections
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:42 PM   #4
Mr. Chi
Maiden

Thanks for looking into this Ted.
I called the customer service line at Xpressbet after i originally posted to inquire further. The agent there insisted that winnings of Canadian customers would be subject to I.R.S. reporting and withholding.
This doesn't seem quite correct to me. Any chance she is mistaken?
Mr. Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Working on that, Mr Chi ...

R
DSS -
Old 01-11-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
davew
AlwNW2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chi View Post
Thanks for looking into this Ted.
I called the customer service line at Xpressbet after i originally posted to inquire further. The agent there insisted that winnings of Canadian customers would be subject to I.R.S. reporting and withholding.
This doesn't seem quite correct to me. Any chance she is mistaken?
I am guessing it depends on what track the winnings occurred at. The USA has federal taxes and most states also have a state tax. If you get a 'signer', they will withhold the required amount, which in many instances can be refunded with proper filings and deductions related to your handicapping business. Even though you may be sitting at home in Alberta, in their thinking, the money was in the pool at a track in their jurisdiction and needs to be taxed.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

FWIW, I wrote a couple of times further to Rocky Mountain Turf Club (and corresponded a few times with Mr Chi privately about this) - but they never responded. They are a small operation, I believe.

I presume Albertan Canadians betting on XpressBet via RMTC must be content with withholdings on signers and receive some kind of W2-G or something equivalent for foreign citizens. This enables Canadians to claim the withholdings against their income taxes and receive a full refund eventually for the amount withheld.

Could be worse (re taxation of gambling winnings): could be a US citizen ...

Ted

R
DSS -